Crafters Challenge Sept. 25th- Oct. 1st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Do you see what I see?!?!?!? A new month is in the title! Making it about 91 days until Christmas from today.

It looks like several of us have accomplished more stuff this week.

I love to hear what you are all working on.

Saw an acorn wreath in the new issue of All You (Wal-Mart magazine) and thought of Kim.

I am going to find my list from the first of the year on back post and carry it over. I went to a Fall Fest with mom yesterday a.m. and got some Christmas ornaments. I will post them on blog later. Got a necklace from material, and beads so might add those to my list.

Happy Crafting week everybody.

XX Done X Doing Yet / On burner for another time // Checking on yet

X 1.) Thread catcher for mom, Miranda, Jaymee and myself (maybe my friend in Iowa)

XX 2.) Snowman pillow Miranda ~~~~~~~~ DONE 1-16 SEWED CLOSURE SEWN 1-17

X 3.) Bubble Light for my friends in Iowa and mail it to them before Thanksgiving

// 4.) Coasters--sets of 6 decide who

X 5.) Foot Lotion for people

// 6.) Have the pattern for the table runner so will decide who I would like to do one for

X 7.) Need to think of the item I would like to do for the 12 Days of Christmas so if they have it again

/ 8.) Need to get some vanilla beans to start more vanilla for next year (DIDN'T GET THE BEANS SO WILL DO THAT AND START IT FOR NEXT YEAR. WILL START IT ON JAN. 1ST IF NOT IN DEC.)

// 9.) See if Jaymee likes that material for a tree skirt or not for her tree (ASKED HER THE OTHER NIGHT WHEN SHE CAME AND MOVED THE MATERIAL OUT~~SHE DOESN'T KNOW~~HASN'T THOUGHT ABOUT IT)

// 10.) See if Ryan and Jaymee want me to do them a stocking for their house or get their own ( I think his aunt got them stocking kits to decorate them one~maybe) (SHE DOESN'T KNOW)

/ 11.) Quilted Scarf make one for myself and decide on if any for gifts

X 12.) Scrunchies for my 2 nieces and a step great niece

X 13.) Think of the ornament that I will make for co-workers

XX 14.) Think of the ornament I will do for the CIJ Swap here~~~~~~~~~~In process 5-8-11

/ 15.) Will give canned goods and jams (I hope if garden does well so need to think of packaging ideals) (WITH ALL THE RAIN AND NOT GETTING INTO THE GARDEN WHO KNOWS)

X 16,) Ornaments for family and friends

X 17.) Necklace from material, pony beads and wooden beads. Family and friends.

More ideals will come~~but these are ones I am thinking now.

Some added:

X I have gotten a barbie doll pattern for clothes and just this week ordered a pattern for furniture off of e-bay for barbies. Hoping for my nieces and step great niece.

X Would like to do the necklaces from the washers and from crystal pendant and then make some beaded bracelets. For my sister.

/ Last year did the tic tac toe game from fabric so might try a checker game that I ran across.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I also have 2 baby showers coming up. One for my 1st great niece due in Nov.. (I have a step great niece but didn't know her as a baby) Second one is for my friends daughter who is due 1-6 and it is to be a boy.

So will be doing:

soxs with beads on them
burp rags
bibs
pee pee tepees
blinkie holders if I find the clips

not sure if I will do blankets or not.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Sewing:
[] Dollie blanket with yellow ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with wine ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with pink polka dot ribbon
[][][][][][][][][] Tree decorations
[-][-][] Crayon rolls (the ones I've already cut - I now need to cut another 4!!)
[][][] Cut and sew 3 reusable shopping totes
[] Hanging pouch for DD's books beside bed
[] Hanging pocket for DD's bedhead
[] Pillowcase to match duvet cover for DD's bed
[] 2 big cushions for DD's floor
[][][][][] Cushion covers (2 are 20" and 3 are 16")
[][][][] Lavendar pouches
[][][] Stockings for DH, PIL
[] A "My first dollie"
[][][][] Dollie clothes sets
[] Handbag
[][] Christmas PJs
[] Gardening bag
[] Gardening Apron
[] "Owl" handbag
[] Satchel bag

Cross-stitch and decorative handsewing:
[/] Holly tree decoration - continue working on this
[] Candle tree decoration - will only start this once the holly is done
[] Finish gingerbread man tree decoration
[] Finish stocking tree dectoration

Knitting:
[/] Lap blanket
[] Sleeveless jumper for DD

Kitchen:
[x] Make blackberry coulis
[] Make damson jam
[] Start sloe gin
[] Start limoncello

I am happy that I got something done yesterday - I managed to knit more than 6 inches on the blanket between the 2 car journeys. And I got a half hour doing my cross-stitch before lunch yesterday. And I even managed to do my foraging, and got blackberries, damsons, sloes and apples, as well as a lot of apples and courgettes from mum, MIL and the market (the market happens early on Saturday, before MIL and mum start talking about their garden's bouties!!).

This week is likely to be manic at work, but I will aim to get the sloe gin started and hopefully at least one session with the sewing machine.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I just posted the leaf door hangers on my blog that we made last week. This week I have no clue what I am going todo except make butterflys today for a little girl down the road for her bedroom.

Lana I have a different idea with acorns now which I think I am also going todo today

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Whew! You guys are so productive!!! :)

I am still plodding along on this Quiet Book project. But I am in the home stretch. I have something simple to do on one set of pages and then I only have 2 pages left to do!!!

A tent page - maybe with zipper if I can find a short enough one - and a corral page to match the barn page - with more finger puppets! hooray!

Then I have to figure out and do the binding and the cover. So all in all, this has been a big time consumer for sure! But he should love it so that is all that counts!

I do want to start working on some other gift crafts too but I am thinking I had better finish this Quiet Book and get it out of the way first. The other things I had in mind take much less time - alot use the sewing machine - which I haven't dug out of storage yet, etc.

Happy crafting, everyone!!!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone!

I have been working on monogramming orders and trying to get stocked up on various things for my upcoming fall show. The show is the weekend before Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for the extra time.

I finally started on the penguin zipper bags that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. I would like to make 12, my goal is by the end of the week.

Have a great week!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Aunt J. that book will be so nice when done. I am sure it will give hours of enjoyment!

Carol, can't wait to see a picture of all items for the show.

Kim, going to look at your blog after posting this. Thank you for sharing pictures with us.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Yes, loving it when I can see pictures of what everyone is working on/has done! :)

I need to start posting pics on my blog! Not that I've touched my blog in weeks! lol

Spent another 2 hrs on Quiet Book page last night - finished most of what has turned into a "blue sky/clouds/green grass/wagon pocket for more animal finger puppets" page...

I just have the wagon wheels and tounge left to do tonight. Then I'll make 2 more finger puppets and be done with the page!

I have little white pom poms I'm going to cut in half and sew down on a white finger puppet to make a sheep. I hope it turns out as cute as in my head!

Then I'll try my hand at a horse finger puppet - wish me luck!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Aunt Jamelle hope the sheep turns out like you have in your head I would love to see pictures of your quiet book when your done with it. Not that I have anyone to make one for anymore but would make an awesome baby shower gift in the future or a little ones birthday gift.

I did end up making mini wreaths out of acorns I am getting ready to post picture on my blog now. My friend stole one from me already.

Sometime today I am going to get started on Makayla's costume because it won't take that long

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
KimD - So you have an Acorn Wreath Thief? lol

I spent another 1.5 hrs on quiet book stuff last night - I was moving slowly at first because I was coming up with pattern design for 2 from scratch finger puppet ideas.

I had the base shape of course, but needed to select colors of felt and get all the add on pieces drawn and cut out.

I got everything cut out but the horse's ears - will do those tonight. Got the front part of the horse puppet decorated - spots, blaze, nose, eyes, etc.

Tonight I'll cut out the ears and sew it all together. I haven't figured out what I am doing for the horse's mane though - or if I'm adding a tail to the back of the puppet. I've got some ideas but not sure yet.

Then the sheep puppet will need some time too. I got the body cut out and a piece that will have eyes on it fused on. Still need to sew on the eyes and then sew on all the little pom poms all over the front of the puppet. Just the eyes will peek out.

I'm a little worried the puppet will be too "thick" to fit in the pocket I've sewn on the page when its done. We'll see...