Crafters Challenge Sept. 4th- Sept. 10th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome Ladies to another week!!! And new month!

I know some are still looking for ideals and or still thinking there is time yet......BUT it seems with fall the time gets here pretty fast.

At Joanns yesterday McCall patterns were 99 cents. I got one for pot holders, and one for the snuggies. Am not planning on any snuggies for Christmas but good price for pattern I thought. Also got some of the insulate material for potholders with my 40% off.

At HL I got a Quilting 101 book and there is the pattern for the ideal I think I will do for the HGTV 12 Days of Christmas Swap. Hope to try one this week.

We are to start getting GREAT weather today thru Thursday (in 70's) so really need to get thru garage with these temps.

Have a GREAT crafting week and can't wait to hear and see what you are all working on!?!?

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am aiming to work on:

Sewing:
[] Last seam of tote bag
[] Fleece dollie blanket
[] Dollie blanket with yellow ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with wine ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with pink polka dot ribbon
[][][][][][][][][] Tree decorations
[][][] Crayon rolls (the ones I've already cut - I now need to cut another 4!!)

Cross-stitch:
[] Holly tree decoration
[] Candle tree decoration

Knitting:
[] Lap blanket
[] Sleeveless jumper for DD

I have time set aside for sewing every evening and all those projects are organised and mostly cut out ready to sew, so I should get well into that list. The knitting is for when I get sitting down in the late evenings, and I have the cross-stitch in my office to work on at lunchtimes. So I should make progress on all 3.

Well, I need to as I have a lot of those earmarked for Christmas gifts (and there's another LONG list of things to get to before Christmas for gifts, not including the things I want to make for DD's room like a book pouch for her bed and a couple of other furnishing things).

But I am making progress on them, so I remain hopeful :)

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Good Morning,

I'm off to work soon, but I did want to put down my hopefuls for this week:

6 dish cloths

Canning pickles (for gifts)

Start an prayer Afghan for my son (gift)

Change my blog around for Autumn (I consider this part of my crafts)

And my never ending Scrapbook pile. :)

Here's to accomplishing much this week ladies! ~ Farmerswife

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hello everyone!

I have been working on some monogrammed ornaments for a show that I'm hoping to get into this November. If I don't get into the show, I will have a lot of ornaments to store in the closet.

I started knitting a pair of socks for DD this weekend. I have the first one almost finished. This is the second pair of socks that I've made. The first pair was in a class and the teacher held my hand thru the whole process. So far, so good. I have one visible mistake in the area on one side where I picked up the stitches for the gusset, but I think I can fix it.

Have a great week!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I picked up a bunch of acorns at camp this past weekend to make a acorn wreath and that is all I have planned for the week

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I have got to get serious. It is a bit of a busy week for me and some of it is crafting but not necessarily for Christmas.

Here is my list :rudolph:
() Diaper Cake
()2 Diaper Wreaths
()Try GLitter ornaments (I think I want to make these for SS girls)
()Bag Tags for church gifts
()Make mom's birthday card
()Cut out fabric for Nonnie's Lapqilt
()Cut out two outfits for niece's doll
() Hairbows for CHristmas bazzaar
This week I am working on my craft room in the Houseworks plan. Hoping I really get it done so I can get down to business with my Christmas crafting.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol and Lucinda glad to see you both posting. You both sound busy. Lucinda, my craft room is a mess so really hate trying to go in and find anything.

Carol, hopimg you get into the show in November. If not have your own little open house craft show.

Kim, that would be cute an acorn wreath. In the past from acorns I have did santas on them for an ornament.

I have to get down to business too with 2 baby showers coming and Christmas items.

I did order the diamond glaze on Sun. so it will be coming.

Keep on a crafting ladies!!!!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! Reporting back in after disappearing for a while due to illness - ugh!

I did manage to finish the tennis racket page for the Quiet Book project.

And I did two wreaths - one for front door and one for side door

Nothing else has happened, really.

I've been painting picture frames from our upstairs living room, though. I want them all to be black. It will look much better. I have two more large frames to paint this week and then I'll hang everything back up!

I also finished the third wooden plaque in a set of three small ones - I painted them black and then decoupaged black paper with a spiderweb pattern on the fronts - and then on each one I've added a Halloween image.

The top one has a cute 3-D bat sticker with glitter accents, the middle one has a jack o lantern - also with glitter accents (see a theme here?) and the last one has a black cat 3-D sticker with...you guessed it...glitter accents.

My plan is to attach all 3 together so that they will hang in one long "strip" on the wall.

I also painted a large letter "C" a bright orange color - it will be part of the decor I have planned to spruce up DS's room. His first name starts with that letter :)

So I guess I have managed to get some things done over the past week...just not as much as I wanted. I've been afraid to work with any of my sewing projects while I've been sick - don't want to get germs all over them!

Goals for this week:

- Finish painting frames black
- Hang up "gallery" arrangement of all black frames
- Connect 3 Halloween plaques (not sure how I'll do it yet)
- Start work on paper pennant banner for DS's room (probably just some rough draft template work first)

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana I seen it somewhere just dont remember where I seen it at. The only thing with the one that I seen is they must have bought their acorns because they were all green and the same size. I thought about spraypainting them green when I was done but both Randa and I love the way the wreath is looking. I got the whole front of the wreath hotglued today maybe tonight I will work on some of the side of it. If not tomorrow. I do know that I have to make another trip to camp to get more acorns I really thought I had enough but dont this time I will take a couple of the kids with me to help pick them up all over the place down there

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am going to work on a checkbook cover now. Should be working on Christmas gifts but I found some fall fabric and I need a new cover.

Then maybe I will work on my washer necklaces. At least trace them. Ordered the diamond glaze alittle earlier this week,

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana I posted the link that I found it on in seasonal crafts. I have to go down to camp this week and pick up more acorns. Might just do it after Kayla's game today or else it will be on Wens. on my day off

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Kim, can't wait to see what your wreath looks like.

It did turn out to be an extremely busy week for me. Got a few things done but none for Christmas.

:rudolph: Diaper Cake
:rudolph:2 Diaper Wreaths
()Try GLitter ornaments (I think I want to make these for SS girls)I did finally buy mopnglo.
()Bag Tags for church gifts
:rudolph:Make mom's birthday card
()Cut out fabric for Nonnie's Lapqilt Maybe tonight
()Cut out two outfits for niece's doll
() Hairbows for CHristmas bazzaar

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Have two well washed duvet covers in the basket now to start making into squares for my son's rag quilt. One is blue denim, the other a burnt red - just need to purchase a warm tan colour now, and we are on the ball!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucinda, I love the pictures on your blog. GREAT job!

HouseElf, sounds like you have a good start. The colors sound pretty!

What are the ornaments from mop and glow? Kind of rings a bell from the past but not completely clear.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Sounds like a productive crafting week for everyone! Lucinda, I love the diaper cake and wreath. Kim, I'm looking forward to seeing your wreath when you finish.

I sent in my fall craft show application yesterday as soon as I received it via email. Now I have to wait until sometime after the 17th to hear if I'm in. There are only 65 spots and it is on a first received basis.

I'm starting a new zipper bag today. It is like the santa I did a couple of months back, this one is a penguin. I'll post pictures if it is a success.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Did a lot of decorating at work, this week so I didn't have much time for crafting, since I did the decorating on my non working hours. Hoping that soon the tide will change and I will be able to get into my craft room again. I will get the chance to work on my wash cloths today while visiting with friends after church, but that is it for crafts for this whole week. I had so much planned. Oh well, next week.

Lucinda, love your diaper wreath!

~ Farmerswife

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks everyone for your comments on the Diaper wreath.

Lana the mop and glo ornaments are the clear glass ornaments filled with glitter. If i understand correctly you swirl mop n glo around inside then add the glitter. Then I hope to use my cricut to cut out initials with vinyl to put on the outside.

I did get the pieces for my grandmother's lapquilt top cut out last night and a good bit of it sewn together. It is really easy and my first try at any type of quilt other than quilting pieces for a bag. So far I am really liking how it is turning out.