Crafters Challenge September 13th-19th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, my friends---I sewed the 2 pillowcases this a.m.. The one I made without a trim between the 2 on the baseball one and the camo had one and thought I checked all but it didn't catch in place so took it off and put a row of stitching.

So many of you are really moving along on projects!!! SO PROUD of you all!!!!

This week I know I have cleaning to do.

Hoping to get items cut and then when I do have time to sew can grab and go. Allen does most the cutting. He offers to and I ain't no dummy to refuse help. We brought and extra long mat for him and a ruler a yr. or so ago.

What is on your crafting agenda this week?

I will try to post a picture of the 2 pillowcases on my blog here in a short time.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my advent calendar pouches! Now I have to put numbers on the tags :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the border!!! Sometime this week I will pull out the sewing machine and sew it in place.
Will start on the little cross stitch Santa this week.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I agree. Much is being accomplished in this group!

I have a new crafting friend coming for lunch tomorrow, so I will want her to see my studio and some of what I'm working on, as well as all the quilts and cross stitches I have all over my house. Needless to say, I've been a whirlwind of cleaning and organizing, not to mention food prep. In the midst of all the craftermath control, I could not find a CCS chart that I recently purchased, so that initiated an all-out search. I finally thought of where I had probably put it (a very logical place) and was able to ease my mind.

I have a very busy week planned. Every day has an activity and sometimes more than one. Two days involve craft-related events. My friend and I are going to check out a local quilt store on Monday, and on Thursday we are going to Creative U (crafting seminar ... infomercial-type). On Tuesday, DH and I are going to the fair with friends. Hope to check out some new sewing machines, so that's craft-related. And I can do some knitting to and from the fair (1 hr+ drive).

Otherwise, I might be limited to some hand quilting or knitting in the evenings.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be reorganising the craft cupboard this week as part of my cleaning the family room/office/craft room project. Any crafts that are on the to do list for next year will be organised into zip lock bags and stored in a separate tub for ease.
Have done very well with crafts this year but hope to do better next year.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, sounds like you have your week planned out! What machine or you checking out? Any certain one? You just got a new one!!! LOL!

Katrina, you have done well on crafts this year!

I am hoping to really get my all outlined and then when off the 6 days in October to be able to do the majority of the gift items if I am not done by then.

Then Teigans bday is Jan. 25th so have a minion panel and would like to get alittle more material and maybe do a quilt--not sure. Would love to do a quiet book. There are a zillion pages you can do on pinterest. If not this year then maybe for Christmas '16.

Have a few ideals for next year but need to finish this year, my golly!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, you are the crafting queen!!
Love the idea of a quiet book, I am sure that Teigan will love it.

We always have more ideas than time....Oh the Crafters lament.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I FINISHED (yes I am excited) my first tapestry. It is in its frame and I have to say I am super proud of doing it! Mostly it was done at swim meets with the fiddly bits done at home!

I have now just started on the bear one that DS wants done for his room. Its bigger but easier so it should not take too long.

My craft orders to make ornaments etc are starting to arrive so once it is all here- DS will help me to get them started one day next week when He is on school holidays.

I have a couple of prints that I am also doing but will save them until DS is back at school. I want to give them to us for Christmas and I dont want him seeing them.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tanya, Wow that was fast, WTG!

Katrina, I will claim queen to purchasing items and never getting them done or having an organized list that never seems to get marked off!!!

YOU gals are all awesome with getting things accomplished.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Fall crafts are done here,my centerpieces are out as i have my newly made fall tablecloth on also my stand fall covers,and i made some fall napkins for the table as i get into fall inside the house and outdoors.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Put in 3-4 hours both Sat and Sun night this weekend on the runner! I'm almost done! I've been binge watching season 5 of Downton Abbey will working! lol :)

Just have a tiny bit more of the stems to finish and then I can do all the French knots for the berries!!!

Can't wait to see it done and on the bookshelf!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ doing well..I am excited to see the runner finished.

When cleaning the craft cupboard yesterday I found 4 more tea towels so I will do a quick applique on each and perhaps give them to my former co workers who I still meet up with.
Amazing what you find.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
They look great Lucy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, advent pouches look fantastic. I like that they are big enough to put something decent in. Good job.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just ironed on the appliques for the 4 teatowels I found in the craft cupboard on Monday. It will be nice to have them done by the end of the month and pop them in the gift cupboard for any last minute gifts.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Quick update - probably have 1 more good evening's work left on runner! I'm seeing French knots in my sleep at this point! lol