Crafters Challenge September 30th-October 6th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I learned to knit from my mum when I was little and think I am a pretty decent knitter. Can crochet but very basic, cannot follow a pattern at all.
I tried most things, quilting, embroidery, folk art painting back in the day. Not exceptionally good at anything but enjoy giving it a go.

Sad that my DD does not do any craft although I tried to teach her. It seems each generation is losing those skills.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have a hard time sitting still and it would give me something to do in the evening when watching tv with my husband.
I have no trouble sitting still, but I will fall asleep if I'm not doing something, so I always have a craft in my lap while watching TV.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Sad that my DD does not do any craft although I tried to teach her. It seems each generation is losing those skills.
Both of my DDs like to do crafts. They don't actually do too much because they have young families; but eventually they will have more time. We gave them each their own sewing machines once they were on their own. My 9 year old DGD is getting very interested in sewing and I've started her knitting. I'm sure there are some young people still interested in crafting.