Craftes Challenge February 5th-11th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello ladies!!!!

It is funny how this should be the time we hit the crafts when colder (depending on where you live) and more time that we have to spend inside but we wait till busier time. Just human nature.

I did not work on the pillows this week or start the vanilla. I did buy material yesterday at Joanns for some infinity scarfs. It is an autumn fleece. And hoping to do a pillow maybe unless I do more scarfs.

So this week I am hoping to sew one night and do the 8 pillows. DH has to go to 3-11 tom. while on light duty so even tho I should be cleaning hope to work on them. I hate that shift. He has been on days the last 17 years.

We love to see pictures of everybodys crafts that are done either on a blog or the community pictures here.

Happy Crafting Week!!!!!!!!!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Beautiful fleece, Lana. I love the fall colors...

This week I'm going to do my valentine cards - I promise!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I prepped 3 Ziploc bags for Christmas crafts & 1 for Halloween crafts. Still have more to do, but it's a start!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I HAVE to make DH's valentines card, as he is due to go abroad again tomorrow (but looks less like going with strikes in Paris, where he has to change planes), or else at the weekend. Or else I make it while he's away and give it on his return, when he says we will do V Day together ourselves. (Almost like our first year going out - when he was living abroad and only made it back here a couple of weeks later but with a lovely present and for an interview where he got a job here, so that was more than making up for delayed celebrations!!).

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did sew 6 of the pillows last night. So hoping to do the other 2 tonight and put them away.
Will get the vanilla started this week-end too.

How are you coming on anything this week?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Lana I'm watching to be sure you start that vanilla (this from the woman who started a batch of Kahlua for Christmas--yes, last year and it's still sitting in the pantry waiting for me!).

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have my Kahlua dumped out in a colander lined with coffee filters. Tomorrow I'll make the simple syrup to mix with it.

I'll have to find the website I use with the recipe, it's on my laptop and I'm too tired to go find it. I make it with real coffee grounds (decaf and no one can tell).

Kahlua Chicken
http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/kahlua-chicken/