Crow visit...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
As every year we had our walnuts on our balcony (3rd floor) on the table. I was sitting on the couch in the living room and suddenly I saw something black outside in the corner of my eye.
I thought:"what's going on there" and went to the door - and then I saw a crow (a large one) picking our walnuts from the table.
I could not believe it - this has never happened before. I was really surprised!

But I have to say that I put away the nuts as I was afraid that we will have more and more crows on our balcony at the end and I wanted to avoid their dirt. Furthermore they can also transmit diseases.

But nevertheless it fits somehow into the halloween season. My sister had a similar experience last weekend with a bat on her balcony.

Chilli

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
We start seeing a lot of crows in the fall. When I was still living at home there were lots of tree and the crows nested in the trees at night and in the morning they would fly away til night came back around. It was terrible. Any loud noise would start them flying around. You could hear their droppings hitting the ground. They really made huge mess on everyone's cars. You had to run from you car to the house in order to avoid getting pooped on. It was so bad many neighbors startes covering up their cars.

We also had the same problem at work until maintenance installed a system that makes a sound of an injured bired to keep them off the roof of the building. Maintenance said they would make a big mess on the roof. They had all kinds of trash on the roof.