Day 24 CIJ - July 24, 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hello on a wonderful Christmas in July day! For those who are going "all out" -- pat of a three-day July Rudolph Day Weekend!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hello! Are you allowing yourself to enjoy some CIJ pleasure today?

The announcer for the 12:00 hour on QVC.... welcomed viewers to his CIJ program..... by sayng "Come and take a break from the miserable summer weather... by thinking about a more festive time of year... a cooler time of year"! Beautiful sentiment!

Unfortunately.... this announcer's voice was loud and grating... a real "hard sell" type of guy! I am just checking on QVC.... occasionally now. I do enjoy the "Christmas With Valerie" programs. And the "Bethlehem Lights" programs are beautiful. And...... occasionally.... I enjoy looking at an individual Christmas item.

And.... a batch of hot chocolate was mixed up.. It was intriguing. The base was sweetened condensed milk, good quality cocoa powder, peppermint extract and chocolate mint candy (it looked like those Andes-brand thin mints". After they are blended... water is added.... and the stirring and heating continues. I WOULD like to try that!!!!

There WAS an intriguing double-order..... two new Gooseberry Patch Christmassy cookbooks for aboutr $28 (including shipping). I know that there are many fans of Gooseberry Patch on this board.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Hello, everyone, Happy Christmas in July! I am enjoying catching up on all of your threads and looking forward to the Victorian week. I love the era and often think I'd like to have a real old fashioned Victorian Christmas-maybe this is just the year for it! Looking forward to the comments today.

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I've been watching QVC off and on all day. DD and I are making Christmas cookies right now that we're taking to share with people tomorrow at my work and at our church small group. Gonna rock some Christmas music on Pandora too! This is a nice way to get my mind off of the heat a bit!

Tonight I'll be taking a break from the Christmas in July celebration and going to get dessert with a good friend before she moves away the end of this week. :( I'll miss her so much!

Maybe a Christmas movie tonight to cap off the evening. Tomorrow I'll just be listening to Christmas music and sharing the cookies - otherwise I won't be home to do much else. But thats okay - because tomorrow will only be 5 short months until Christmas!