Day After Christmas Shopping - What is your plan?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Auntjamelle, I think I used that same gold paper when I wrapped gifts tonight. I got it last year on clearance. It's very, very cute and versatile for sure.

I decided tonight, that I'm not just going to buy any wrapping paper anymore becuase it's on sale. I'm pretty picky, but the cheap stuff just isn't cutting it these days. After using Hallmark and some of the heavy duty paper from Hobby Lobby, I really want to get rid of some old rolls I have. I have so much paper, that some I've had for years. Mostly kid stuff I had when my daughter was younger.

((Oh NOOOOO, I'm becoming like my mother))

I buy from Current every year, during the after Christmas sale. Their paper is really nice.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
I went out today scouting to see what was left for the after-Christmas sales. There are just a few Jim Shore items left at my Macy's. They had a ton at the beginning of the season. The Jim Shore items were 20% off and I used a $10 off $25 coupon to buy a snowglobe that has a boy and a girl building a snowman inside. I'll keep it out all winter. I will be checking on December 26th for the Jim Shore Snow White ornament set. My DD would love that!

I didn't hit the Target area because traffic is horrible there.

Any great places to check for online deals after Christmas? The weather here might be bad so I'm not sure if we will get out that day or not. I'd love a back-up plan in case I need to do my shopping online. LOL.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We sent to 2 different Walmarts this morning.. both had a ton of stuff left. Got several rolls of wrapping paper, name tags and led lights. In the next couple weeks I will be checking out Target, Hallmark and AC Moore looking for gifts and stocking stuffers for next Christmas.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
It snowed yesterday and the roads are bad so I didn't get to go out. BUT...I did find some items online so I'm happy! It will be fun to see what is left when we go out later this week.

Online, I bought ornaments to give to my daughter's teachers next year. She will be in middle school and will have several teachers.

I also found a few Jim Shore items for me at www.boscovs.com.

Glenda

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I usually wait until New Year's Day to hit the stores for the deeper discounts. Waiting also keeps me from buying too much. I'll be looking for the nicer gift wrap, some gift bags/sacks & cards. Barnes & Noble seems to have a good selection for card & wrap longer than other stores (hoping for 60-75% off). Plan to check at Hallmark since I love their ornaments. Yankee Candle is one of my favorite stores & I'm hoping for votives, a gift set or 2 & maybe a jar candle. Sort of on a limited after Christmas budget this year though.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I hit 10 stores and only purchased from 3. Yankee Candle (mostly gifts for friends' birthdays) had a great sale; Hallmark's selection was limited and 50% off a $6 roll of wrapping paper of only 40 sq ft is not my idea of a great price. Target had great selection and at 50% off, the prices weren't dirt-cheap, but they were good. I got 8 rolls of assorted-but-matching wrapping paper for $9 total, as well as gift bags, bows and tags.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got some fairly good deals this year - got my Christmas cards and several LED light sets - big multi color globes for the new look I plan for our main tree next year! :)

Also got some bows, a few gift tags, tissue paper, tinsel and a few misc items that will be used for gifting next year.

A cute cheese spreader (a snowman whose round tummy is like a snow globe), a cute mug and a pretty glass votive holder.

Nothing major, but got the things I really wanted to get - so I am happy!

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
Our Target had lots of things left yesterday. I bought very little because I am waiting for things to go 75% off. I did find some Wilton cake pans that DD and I loved. They are little snowmen and each pan makes 6. I bought 2 so that we could bake 12 at a time.

My best finds were online and at 2 local Hallmark stores. I found Jim Shore items for 50% off!! I bought some for gifts and some for me!

For next year I have...

Jim Shore ornaments for DD's teachers
A Jim Shore Disney Figurine for my bestfriend
Wrapping Paper--a pre-Christmas deal at Walgreen's
Tissue Paper--a pre-Christmas deal at Walgreen's

BTW, I even found a Jim Shore Easter item on sale at a local Hallmark for 50% off. PERFECT timing so that I can plan ahead for springtime.

Glenda

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I buy from Current every year, during the after Christmas sale. Their paper is really nice.

Lisa I was just on the current website today looking at their sale paper and have picked out my color scheme for next year. I'll be ordering tomorrow! I love the quality of their paper.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I love Current catolog's paper as well...nice and heavy and plenty of coordinating patterns! I've been sidelined with brinchitis since a few days before Christmas (finally feeling a little better) so I haven't made it out to any sales! I was hoping to troll Target's holiday aisle. Our CVS was already putting out Valentine's the week BEFORE Christmas (TJ Maxx and Home Goods were as well!)

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Stores in my area did not have a great selection of after holiday sales items. I did pick up a roll of paper and some gift tags plus little lidded containers for the three cookie gifts I do each year.

I wanted some bows and ribbon but could not find the type desired so notes were made for buying next year.

I will be checking on CVS yet but don't have high expectations if that store is in line with the others. The stores seemed to have lower inventories this year leaving less for after shopping.

Charlotte

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
One of the things I always buy (thanks to CEO's suggestion years ago) is extra bags of the holiday Hershey's kisses....I open the bags and separate the red & green (& divide the silver between the two piles) and put them in ziplock bags to use for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
One of the things I always buy (thanks to CEO's suggestion years ago) is extra bags of the holiday Hershey's kisses....I open the bags and separate the red & green (& divide the silver between the two piles) and put them in ziplock bags to use for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day.

AAAAHHHH!! I forgot about this....doing it right now!!! Thank you!! See, silly me...I would have just continued to eat them! LOL

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Booooooo...just opened a bag and 95% of them are green, and silver...there were only 5 or 6 red ones :( Oh well....

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Booooooo...just opened a bag and 95% of them are green, and silver...there were only 5 or 6 red ones :( Oh well....

Email a complaint to the company. They may send you some red ones or at least a coupon.