December 2021 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a few Christmas items I will offer to DS and if he says no....to Goodwill it will go.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I took donations to the giving tree so they are gone. 6 or 7 old decorations that I did not want went into the charity bag. I probably won't do much more now until January.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Took out a few tubs for ds when he came by with the grandkids on Saturday ;) so he went through them and I also did a quick go around the house.

Recycling: 3 plastic movie drinking cups, 2 bottles, 2 key lanyards and a few small odds and ends, 1 tablecloth,
For the thrift shop: 2 stuffed toys, 1 big pack of simpson cards, 3 keychains, 1 dishwashing brush (brand new with stickers on), 2 ribbon cutters, 1 ceramic pot, 1 baseball ball, 1 small hockey hanger,
To ds's house: 1 small tub of hockey cards, 1 BIG tub full of souvenirs.

.... still have more for him to go throught but he's in no hurry (been waiting since May!), so I'll do it this way... when he comes I bring the tub next to him in the LR so he can go through it :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
People picked up a purse, my cast iron skillet, and all the Jenn Air stove cartridges. Dh was surprised the cast iron skillet went ( he wanted to put oven cleaner on it) and he did not think anyone would want the Jenn Air items. Update: I had told Dh to keep the stove top to go with the cartridges but he said no one would want it. So the guy asked to buy it if we had it.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The house hadn't been decluttered of paper in a few weeks and it shows! I sorted through the magazines, catalogs and grocery advertisements. Kept what was relevant and recycled a grocery bag full of the rest.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started shredding some office papers, since some files I do not do anymore and all is in the computer I don't need to keep the papers. will do more today

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Took a pair of earrings to a girl at one of the branches today. I won them at a Christmas party maybe 3 or 4 years ago and never opened them. Like big leather silver leaf earrings that hung down on wires a few inches. Cindy wears the jewelry like that. She seemed really tickled that I thought of her.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I cleaned the pantry Tuesday and threw out some opened bags of chips that were stale and a few expired food items.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
did not declutter here but since we were at mom's house (she has a start of alzheimer's and it is turning into hoarding), me, sis & 1 of my brothers cleaned out her fridge (again!) and then took out (from her bedroom) 2 big garbage bags for donation, 1 for the garbage, 1 bag going to my brothers' and 1 bag came here. Also got 1 bag and empty boxes from the basement bedroom to the garbage. A small garbage bag from basement bathroom too (old lotions, etc...). of course we had to do this while she was out of the house.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Put 5 or 6 Christmas items into the spare room. Mostly things that I have made through the years and are no longer my taste. Will go through paper gift bags this afternoon and throw out any that are past their prime. We are using more and more gift bags nowadays.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Pitched some ratty looking gift boxes when I put things away. I save my gift boxes and reuse every year. Some are pretty old.
Went through my pantry and found a couple of things that were outdated. I need to double check dates on things in the big pantry too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH is cleaning the garage, I have no idea what he has tossed or kept but I assume that he has not tossed much.
I will gradually declutter over the next few weeks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina... same with dh here... I also assume he has not tossed much :D
I will take what I can get, Even 3 items out the door is a win.