December 2023 Menu Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
A little bit late getting this thread started, but I need to stay on track with my menu planning and shopping within budget. If I don't, it becomes too easy to make a quick stop at the drive-thru, and groceries don't get used.

December 4 - 10, 2023
Monday
: (planned) cavatapi, salad; (actual) monte cristo sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls, cole slaw
Tuesday: (planned) chicken fajitas, spanish rice; (actual) mac & cheese, peas, salad
Wednesday: Reames chicken noodle soup, cranberry sauce
Thursday: baked salmon, wild rice, coleslaw
Friday: BBQ chicken and red onion pizza, salad
Saturday: Widows/Widowers group holiday dinner
Sunday: currently open tacos? chili?

Reactions: jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
6-Wednesday Blueberry waffles and sliced oranges (new toaster came, had to try it, was just ok)
7-Thursday Would like to have Roasted Chicken from Costco, Asparagus and baked potatoes
8-Friday Seafood over Rice (one of my mom’s favorite)
9-Saturday Chopped Italians Sandwiches
10-Sunday Schnitzel with french fried Cauliflower

Reactions: Lori K and jampss

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Forgot last night was supper at church, so...

12/7 Pancakes and bacon or sausage
12/8 - 12/10 New Orleans
12/11 - Chicken Alfredo, Salad
12/12 - Beef tips, Rice, Gren Beans
12/13 - Baked Fish, Roasted Potatoes, Salad
12/14 - Brisket, Baked Beans, Garlic Potatoes
12/15 - Baked Chicken, Rice, Asparagus
12/16 - Leftover Brisket Sandwiches

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have lasagna, hotdog & coleslaw, salmon patties & taters, grilled cheese & soup this week on the menu.

I feel like just grabbing and filling the freezer with chicken nuggets and tater tots and call it a day! LOL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So far have not followed my menu except for the Roasted chicken. Dh. Went to Costco and Sam’s bringing home prime rib, burgers and lamb chops. So those were dumped in. Still home some items in the freezer to vacuum seal.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
December 10 - 17, 2023
Sunday:
[from last week's post: currently open tacos? chili?] crock-pot crazy chili (from Two Healthy Kitchens)
Monday: tacos
Tuesday: burritos (with leftover taco meat), refried beans, Spanish rice
Wednesday: tomato celery soup, griled cheese, coleslaw
Thursday: spaghetti and meaballs, salad
Friday: at a friend's house, craft night
Saturday: mac and cheese topped with pulled pork, salad or coleslaw
Sunday: ham (from freezer) and scalloped potatoes, salad

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'm so not feeling "making the food" that I searched on Pinterest and actually found ... "dump recipes"!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Found this about Menu Planning ... https://www.frugalandthriving.com.au/meal-master-list/

So me ... "But meal planning itself – thinking up ideas for your plan every week – takes time. And mental energy. Personally, it’s the mental energy at the end of a long day that I have the most trouble with."

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Menu went out the window. I am on a colon prep diet, no raw veggies, tender meat, no seeds, no grain, nothing red or purple for the past few days. Tomorrow I will head to Rochester for the night for the check up Thursday. So family is eating the freezer meals I have frozen. I might have a protein shake made with water for dinner unless I decide to cook some pasta or white rice Which i will top off with miralax. Tomorrow is nothing but clear fluids. I’ll pack items in my overnight bag.

I have done a basic meal planning in the past. Monday was something meatless, Tuesday was Taco (which I expended to anything a Mexican place would serve), Wednesday was pasta (from an old commercial from Hunts), Thursday was Pork, Friday was fish or seafood, Saturday was soup, sandwich or salad and Sunday was Steak.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Menu went out the window. I am on a colon prep diet, no raw veggies, tender meat, no seeds, no grain, nothing red or purple for the past few days. Tomorrow I will head to Rochester for the night for the check up Thursday. So family is eating the freezer meals I have frozen. I might have a protein shake made with water for dinner unless I decide to cook some pasta or white rice Which i will top off with miralax. Tomorrow is nothing but clear fluids. I’ll pack items in my overnight bag.

I have done a basic meal planning in the past. Monday was something meatless, Tuesday was Taco (which I expended to anything a Mexican place would serve), Wednesday was pasta (from an old commercial from Hunts), Thursday was Pork, Friday was fish or seafood, Saturday was soup, sandwich or salad and Sunday was Steak.
Don’t you love that miralax cocktail?:)I think I have another year before I get to have that pleasure again.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Menu went out the window. I am on a colon prep diet,

Monday was something meatless, Tuesday was Taco (which I expended to anything a Mexican place would serve), Wednesday was pasta (from an old commercial from Hunts), Thursday was Pork, Friday was fish or seafood, Saturday was soup, sandwich or salad and Sunday was Steak.
I hope you have a smooth time of it. I really like this menu idea! :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Not that I normally do much menu planning but....

it's especially difficult to plan this time of year with holiday functions, etc.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Not that I normally do much menu planning but....

it's especially difficult to plan this time of year with holiday functions, etc.
Isn't it?! I have a menu made but have to keep Gluten Free in mind after the 27th as I will have family here then through the 1st. It always throws me off and I have to think so much harder. Plus it would be nice to have a special Christmas meal on Christmas Day. I think DS,GF and DD are coming. I think I will do brunch for that and have a breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls.. Everyone like it.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
When I menu plan, I always have my phone's calendar open. The first thing I make note of is which days / meals I'll be involved in some event. Then I plan around those dates. If I don't have a menu planned and ingredients in the house, I'll wind up eatting junk or running through the drive-thru.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It is getting hotter here so my menu is salad based. I need to get back to meal planning, it as fallen away in the last few weeks.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm a little late this week, but here's what we've done and what we plan for the next few days.

December 11 – 17
  • Monday ~ Swiss Dip
  • Tuesday ~ Casserole with leftover chicken?
  • Wednesday lunch (Linda coming) ~ Chicken breasts, salad
  • Wednesday dinner ~ (DH-chili)
  • Thursday ~ Hamsteak fry-up (DH makes)
  • Friday ~ Leftover casserole
  • Saturday ~ Grilled whole chicken, salad
  • Sunday (DH cooks) ~ Ham & beans

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
December 18 - 24
  • Monday ~ Tacos
  • Tuesday ~ Leftover ham & beans
  • Wednesday (my BD) ~ Cedars at Tulalip with Pete and Kathy – Christmas lights
  • Thursday ~ Leftover chicken, salad
  • Friday ~ Sausage (Kielbasa) and green bean potato casserole (new recipe)
  • Saturday ~ Salmon, salad
  • Sunday (Christmas Eve) ~ Steak, baked potato, salad