December Magical Moment #12 Craft Make and Take

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I always have BIG plans for Christmas crafts and sometimes they play out and sometimes not. I love Craft Make and Takes and I would love to host one but no one seems interested once the hectic holiday season gets under way. I'm thinking about hosting a Christmas in July "Craft Make and Take" in July 2008. It will allow plenty of time and will be easier on the budget, as well as, a way to celebrate Christmas in July. What I have in mind is hosting a gathering of about 6 people. Each of the six will bring a craft to teach (with supplies for 6 people). So we can relax, have some refreshments, and work on creating six wonderful Christmas crafts for gifts or personal use. It will take a bit of coordinating so that everyone brings something a bit different and perhaps with a price limit on cost but still I think it opens up some fun possibilities.

Has anyone tried a craft make and take? Anyone care to join me and try their hand at one in July?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That sounds like so much fun!! I've never done one before but I wish someone would invite me to one. LOL

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
What a WONDERFUL idea! I had a "Come and Make Bows" get together last year. It was fun to see which of my friends were "crafty" and which were not - we had LOTS of laughs together.
I like the idea of having a "Make and Take Craft Day" in July, but we are Workcamping at that time and I am crafting in the peace of New Mexico...
I will keep up with your plans though! I might even get some ideas or two - I guess I could have a "Make and Take Craft Day" with my friends in New Mexico! An idea!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
That's a really good idea. Gooseberry Patch has one of those small books that mentions this..I think the book is actually called Christmas in July. I think I'll give this some thought, too.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'd definitely love something like this during the summer! By the time December comes along, schedules are often too hectic to do much.

I tried to get a Rubber Stamp lady to hold a Christmas card making class for me this last spring, but she wasn't interested. Seems there's not much market for the Christmas stamps that early. I was disappointed -- I would have bought a good selection of Christmas card making supplies way back then, but not in November when I know I wouldn't have time to get them done! Ah, well.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
This sounds like a pretty good idea....now if I can remember to do something like this when it's 80 degrees outside....LOL
Hmmm....maybe in October....I should go write it down right now in my Christmas notebook....Ocotber, that'll be a good month to do this.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I love the idea. I'm going to start priming friends now and see how they feel about it. Thanks

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Our church hosts an Advent Festival in November on a Sunday afternoon. It's really a Make and Take party with crafts for all ages. I love it and have a great time even though I'm not very crafty. LOL. Make and Takes are great for any group you belong to.