December Magical Moment #13 Jingle Bell Nights

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
December Magical Moment # 13 Jingle Bell Nights

Jingle bells areoften viewed as icons of Christmas. We have Snata's sleigh bells, jingle bells on elf hats, ornaments that tingle, and then Polar Express made the gift of a Christmas Bell even more famous.

I am officially declaring December: Jingle Bell Nights Month Lets celebrate the jingle bell. Pay some attention to the world around you and discover how many ways people are using bells in their decor or gift wrapping. Carry one in your pocket and when things become overwhelming.....give it a jingle.

Remember the magic of Christmas and BELIEVE.... I don't want you to ever stop hearing the magical jingling sound of the bell. It is day 13.....only twelve more till Christmas. I hope you have settled in and are enjoying the season. Relax....listen to some music and let the peace of the season surround you.

How have you observed jingle bells in use this year? How are you keeping the spirit of the season inyour heart?

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
I always have a jingle bell hidden somewhere on my clothes so as I walk the halls at school I jingle! The kids LOVE it, the teachers are going CRAZY trying to figure out who is making the noise - and it's ME! HA-HA-HA!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cathymac, do you have a picture posted? What a great idea for a tree!

I have a large jinglebell necklace, but it tends to annoy folks ;) so I usually take it off after a while. I also have socks with little jinglebells sewn on, and those are fun to wear.

We play a game sometimes at parties where I give everyone a jinglebell strung on a necklace-sized piece of yarn. They wear them around their necks. I pick a common word that is forbidden to say. If you say it during the course of the evening, you have to give your jinglebell necklace to whoever you're talking to. If you have more than one necklace, you give them ALL.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I picked up a little Jingle Bell Necklace at Wal-Mart last year. I'll go put it on.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Gingerbug said:
December Magical Moment # 13 Jingle Bell Nights

How have you observed jingle bells in use this year? How are you keeping the spirit of the season inyour heart?

When my daughter's boyfriend wanted to borrow THE POLAR EXPRESS from me, I told him he had to have a bell. He looked at me kind of funny, but I dug out a bell and gave it to him and told him he could not watch the movie without a bell, and that he would understand as he watched the movie.....
:package:

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I had to smile to myself yesterday when I went to work. I had just posted on this thread and when I walked into the store where I am working there were a couple of gals with bell necklaces on. I ended up wearing a bell necklace the whole time I was there. It was a silver bell :bigsnow: It was fun listening to it jingle.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have jingle bells all over the house. Every door knob has them. I never thought to carry one with me. My two younger ones came home with jingle bell necklaces yesturday. They both had their polar express day at school. I know for ds they won't do it next year but so far it has been everyyear since preschool thru 3rd grade.