December Magical Moment #16 The Importance of Advent

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
December Magical Moment #16 The Importance of Advent

I think the importance of advent is two-fold. First by looking at Christmas as a "season" rather than a day we enrich our lives. Advent allows us to focus on the journey toward Christmas and the wonderful gift of Christ. I still struggle combining the religious and secular aspects of the season but by lighting advent candles and using a devotional my chances of "feeling the spirit" of Christmas in my heart is increased. Advent allows us to relive the Christmas story as it unfolded. Second advent forces us to focus on gifts and giving in a differrent way. Nothing can compare to the gift that God bestowed upon the earth but what resonates with me is the "idea" of gifts being much more than packages and items that can be held in the hand. There are many gifts that we can bestow upon others that are true blessings like forgiveness, patience, humor, and caring. Advent lets us count our blessings in a new way. Proverbs says: " A faithful man will be richly blessed" and by focusing on the true love that Christmas represents we are all "richly blessed".

May you feel the wonderful spirit of Christmas each and every remaining day in the holiday season!!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thank you, Gingerbug, for a great reminder that Christmas is a season and a journey, instead of an all-out race to a one day destination of Christmas Day. I needed the reminder to stop and enjoy the entire time of year instead of rushing towards one day with break-neck speed! I'm looking at my to-do list a bit differently tomorrow.

jkbb2

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2007
Thanks again Gingerbug for the reminder--i remember reading somethings similar that you wrote last year and it stuck with me all year--wonderful insight, thanks