December Magical Moment #20 Surviving in a Hectic World

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
December Magical Moment #20 Surviving in a Hectic World

Almost every one I talk to has mentioned how fast time is going by and how Christmas seems to rush toward them. I can't help but think that part of this phenomenon is created by the hectic world we live in. Every moment of every day seems crammed with things to do. And it is getting increasingly difficult to figure ways to cut down. Thats why OC has been so valuable to me. I still have a lot to learn but each tiny step that I take forward pays off in a bit of extra "down time." That's also what motivated me to take the plunge into managing this site and boards. The value of organizing and planning can ease a lot of people's lives. I want to be part of the adventure with them. Together we can manage in our hectic worlds. Together we can find ways to truly celebrate not just survive the Christmas season....and all year long. And truly it is a process not an end result; I need to constatly remind myself, get back on track, delutter AGAIN etc. So 2008 will find me kicking off Jumpstart January: a modified cleaning Grand Plan. I plan to make 2008 a year of great personal growth. Hope you will join me.

How do you manage in a hectic world?

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Once again, Ginerbug, you've hit the nail on the head. I watch friends, family, neighbors get so caught up in EVERYTHING that they can't just relax and enjoy. One thing that has really helped me was rethinking our priorities at Christmas. I always knew the true meaning of Christmas, but, especially when my children came along, it was too easy to get caught up in the hectic-ness of the season and try to fit everything in. My intentions were good - create wonderful memories for my kids - but then I realized that going to every event and participating in every activity and racing to get the newest craze in toys just wasn't necessary. So a few years ago we really thought about what we LIKED to do and what was IMPORTANT to do and we continue those traditions. If something else fits in, fine, if not, that's fine too. Our whole season of Advent and Christmas is now one of fun and relaxation instead of stress.

I've also found the internet to be a God-send. I don't care to face the malls this time of year, so I do much of my last minute (early December) shopping online.

Jumpstart January is definitely what I am looking forward to. With my finances so tight due to unreceived child support I definitely don't want to feel the same stress I am feeling right now!!! I have called CSEB and currently awaiting a follow up call so I can go to court for the money that is owed to me and my boys plus their medical insurance he hasn't been providing...(arrears are at over $26,000) apparently suspending his license in November didn't seem to make him pay up!!!

So hopefully I will finally get some sort of resolution soon with that and can get a good head start for Christmas '08!!!

So for me the title is "Surviving the Hectic world of my ex and his parents"...lol His parents who by the way went behind my back and booked plane flights without asking my permission after I told them the boys will not be going to NY for the holidays!!! I found out by a "slip of the tongue" last friday. So I think their plan was to sneak my boys up to NY through their father who just moved to Florida 2 weeks ago!!! So yes I have had a VERY stressful week!!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm looking very forward to Jumpstart January. The busy holiday season always leaves me with a feeling of things being undone, and truly many things are. Items get shoved here and there, schedules are played with or done away with altogether as other activities crowd them out. Every year I find myself thinking something like: "After the holidays, I'll get busy on this or clean out that. . .". But, after the holidays, life is STILL hectic. Because life IS hectic, especially with children involved. The key is as you stated, Gingerbug, to learn to manage in our hectic worlds. Put my name on the list of folks who are glad that you decided to manage these boards and help lead the way!