Declutter Club-January 8-14 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
From the calendar:

[X] What five values do you want to explore this year?

[X] Declutter your nightstand drawer.

[X] Clear off the top of your nightstand

[] Clean out under the bed

[X] Clear off one bedroom shelf

[X] Throw out the junk in your junk drawer.

[X] Organize your junk drawer

I am going to do one thing from last week today and that will mean I completed 7/7 from the first week. :) Edited I got the last two done!!!!!

Sometimes for me the daily is harder than just looking at them and doing several at onc session. Also I am substituting because some don't "fit" me well BUT the main purpose of the calendar is to get us thinking about decluttering on a DAILY basis and with baby steps...THAT I think is working!!

I'm also going to work in the basement this evening (focus: laundry area)

Good luck with week two everyone!!

:clothes:

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
[ ] What five values do you want to ewxplore this year?

[ X] Declutter your nightstand drawer. - DONE yesterday

[X ] Clear off the top of your nightstand - DONE yesterday

[ X] Clean out under the bed - NOTHING UNDER THE BED

[ ] Clear off one bedroom shelf

[ ] Throw out the junk in your junk drawer.

[ ] Organize your junk drawer

I will substitute also... what counts is doing one thing a day! it'll add up ... SOMETIMES! I too have some 'hot spots' which I added to my calendar

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I have to laugh about cleaning our your junk drawer. Just about all my drawers are junk drawers!! I did clean out and organize ONE junk drawer in the kitchen buffet. It's just amazing! I can actually tell what's in it now!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
From the calendar:

[ ] What five values do you want to explore this year? Will start to contemplate this.

[x] Declutter your nightstand drawer..Have a new to us night stand & haven't allowed it to become cluttered

[x] Clear off the top of your nightstand..small tv is all that's sitting on it

[x] Clean out under the bed..haven't stuck anything under it to start the clutter..I believe clutter multiplies :)

[ ] Clear off one bedroom shelf..No shelves

[ ] Throw out the junk in your junk drawer...No junk drawer

[ ] Organize your junk drawer..No junk drawer

When I walk through the stores & see something I "think" I want/need I question myself do I really want/need it? Or do I just think I might want/need it someday? I am picky about what I bring into the house now...

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
I have just (at 10am 9th Jan!) completed week one ...though I haven't updated it on the calendar! So, onto week 2!

[/] What five values do you want to explore this year? (I did START thinking about it yesterday!)

[ ] Declutter your nightstand drawer.

[ ] Clear off the top of your nightstand

[ ] Clean out under the bed (That ISN'T going to happen just yet, there isn't space to get to the bed, let alone clear under it!)

[x] Throw out the junk in your junk drawer.

[x] Organize your junk drawer

AM

Last edited:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
[ ] What five values do you want to explore this year?

[ ] Clean out under the bed

[X] Throw out the junk in your junk drawer.

[X] Organize your junk drawer

Tricia, the space under my bed is PROOF that clutter multiplies! I swear I didn't put half of that stuff there LOL!! ;)

Last edited:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm also still working on last weeks calendar. That spice cabinet turned out to be a HUGE job but it's almost done.

[ ] Declutter your nightstand drawer.

[ ] Clean out under the bed

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

[X] Clear off the top of your nightstand

[X] Clean out under the bed

This was a easy week b/c we just completly cleaned our bedroom (plus no drawers by the bed for me) so I am just keeping up and picked up a few things that landed on the trunk by the bed.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've decided I need to sit down with FOCUS to get all these list printed. Rooms, days, declutter clubs, me journals, rudy days...Man oh man...I NEED QUIET TIME, after I have full sleep!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I didn't do the nightstand drawer. Instead, I decluttered a WM sack full of mail items from a time DH "cleaned off the dining table for me" while I was gone. Most of it was circulars and catalogs from Christmas. It also had a reimbursement check from the insurance company I needed. I was so glad he didn't just throw it all out the day he cleaned while I was gone! Now I can mark that off my list of to-dos. I need to send it in to a doctor's office.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I didn't do the nightstand drawer. Instead, I decluttered a WM sack full of mail items from a time DH "cleaned off the dining table for me" while I was gone. Most of it was circulars and catalogs from Christmas. It also had a reimbursement check from the insurance company I needed. I was so glad he didn't just throw it all out the day he cleaned while I was gone! Now I can mark that off my list of to-dos. I need to send it in to a doctor's office.

We have a bad habit of doing that. I put the mail in a stack and when company comes I put it in a box/bag for sorting later. Its a horrible habit and I have almost tossed checks b/c of that

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Ack!!

We have a bad habit of doing that. I put the mail in a stack and when company comes I put it in a box/bag for sorting later. Its a horrible habit and I have almost tossed checks b/c of that

Oh! We do the same! Bad habit!

:snowman2:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
DGD & I cleaned the dining room table. It was a hot spot for the holidays. Still have some more to get off of it but we made a big improvement..

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I cleaned out and got rid of one of my bedside tables over the summer. And just last week I cleaned out and got rid of the second bedside table. I had a drawer full of cell phones. I can't believe the money I've spent on cell phones (shaking my head).

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
[] What five values do you want to explore this year?

[x] Declutter your nightstand drawer.

[x] Clear off the top of your nightstand

[x ] Clean out under the bed

[ x] Clear off one bedroom shelf

Time to get at it!!

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
aggy.....so do you just not have a bedside table at all now? Just wondering...do you misss it? Where do you put the alarm clock...lol

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Two more items to mark off and I'll be DONE with Week Two....I'm right on track!!

I didn't do them on the days specified but figure getting them done COUNTS...

IDK...that under the bed one is scary...but should be able to do it!!

:clothes: