Decor at Ikea

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
There are Ikea stores in many, many countries of the world. The same Ikea items are sold all over the world. This may explain the color scheme of Christmas decorations I spotted today at Ikea.

Black.

Black and Red.

The traditional kind of straw decorations (Ikea is Swedish) which have usually been "straw colored". Last year there was lots of black. This year - there is lots of black mixed with red. Mixed with natural straw color. Also solid black ornaments. Black Christmas tree garland. Black candles. Etc. Etc.

Ikea also has blue and white traditional decorations. And silver. And other traditional colors. And great Christmas lights. (Not the kind in strings, for Christmas trees. Different kinds.)

Very interesting.

I did nt see lots of people buying them -- but it is only early October.

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Wow, I was just at IKEA on Friday, and they didn't have any Christmas stuff out. Red and black were very big at IKEA last year, I was kind of hoping they would be over that this year. However, the year before it was green and purple...that was a bit mardi gras for me! What ever happened to red and green? Or silver and gold???? Is that just boring these days??? :slap:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I did see the black decorations last year at Ikea.
I do like their traditional straw ornaments... but the black is not for me ::eek:rnament:

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I already saw some christmas decor at Ikea and I hope that there will come more things. I am also not
so happy with the stuff I have seen so far. Black and red are colours for "Krampus" but not for Christmas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus#Krampus).
Furthermore it is beginning of October which is too early for me
to buy christmas decoration. And it is sad that they don't have more for fall and Halloween.

Chilli

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Syanda - I forgot about the "green and purple" year at Ikea. I keep trying to figure out why they are doing this? Is it for countries that have high temperatures during Christmas and don't want a "snowy look?"

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
SparkleNana said:
Syanda - I forgot about the "green and purple" year at Ikea. I keep trying to figure out why they are doing this? Is it for countries that have high temperatures during Christmas and don't want a "snowy look?"

I have no idea. Maybe they are just looking to be cool or something? Like others have said, I always liked the more traditional straw ornaments and decorations IKEA has had. Hard to find them anyplace else.

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
Syanda, I was also at Ikea the other day (on Monday night) and the Christmas stuff wasn't out yet, however I did notice a sign on the way out that they will be out by October 25th. Only weeks away. I always love to pick up wrapping paper at Ikea, they always have such great deals for large quantities of paper. :flower:

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
EllaBlue,

I picked up a great deal on wrapping paper at IKEA last week...3 fairly generous rolls packaged together for 99 cents!! They were the solid bright colours, great for birthdays, babies, etc! What a deal!

:party: