DIY Fall decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I particularly love the rope basket

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That rope basket is wonderful

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Just curious ... Do you all do entirely new decor each year, or do you stick with tried and true?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I did not have Fall decor a few years back.... went straight to Halloween. Now I find a few things every year. don't want alot but just cute things that can be reused. was thinking this year would love a Fall throw or pillow in my bedroom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks, Lucie. I enjoyed that. My favorite was the rope basket as well.

Lori - I keep the same tried and true each year. However, if I see something I like at Dollar Tree, I will pick it up. I won't break the budget spending a dollar or two. ;)

If time permits, I do like to do a simple craft each season. I like doing one that either can be done in front of the TV if it is a bigger project or done within an hour. Here's a picture of a yarn pumpkin that I hope to make this year.

1630081540508.png

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Just curious ... Do you all do entirely new decor each year, or do you stick with tried and true?
I think mine is a carbon copy of last year for inside decor, but I do add a new item or two when I see something that I like. Outside decor the scarecrows stay the same for Thanksgiving/Fall; new straw bale, corn stalks and mums each season. I use the straw in the garden after.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Thanks to those who replied. I have a storage bin for each holiday's seasonal decor and tend to use the same items over and over, sometimes adding a little something. My wreaths are recycled from year to year, as well, maybe with a new bow. But for the most part, it's the same or similar year after year. After viewing the video, I wondered if I was the only one. Appreciate your insight.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Ours stays the same for the most part. Since our house is small the things we change from season to season are scents. Love to bring out Fall scents in either candle or wax melts whenever the temps get cooler.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Down the rabbit hole I went with that video lol.
I store all my seasonal things in bins too. I have a selection of fall Annalee dolls, artificial pumpkins and gourds, and florals. I don’t use everything, every year. If I happen to see something that I’m in love with I’ll buy it. I’ll usually pull some flowers from my bins for mom and dads grave and buy new to mix in and for the house. So it’s pretty much the same things every year rearranged differently.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks, Lucie. I enjoyed that. My favorite was the rope basket as well.

Lori - I keep the same tried and true each year. However, if I see something I like at Dollar Tree, I will pick it up. I won't break the budget spending a dollar or two. ;)

If time permits, I do like to do a simple craft each season. I like doing one that either can be done in front of the TV if it is a bigger project or done within an hour. Here's a picture of a yarn pumpkin that I hope to make this year.

View attachment 1396
Mary, Can you please share the instructions for the yarn pumpkins?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We do not typically decorate for Autumn although I do look at things and think how beautiful it all is. I would love to try a few things so might look at those for here next year. Autumn for us is March, April and May.

Reactions: HouseElf

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, those pumpkins are lovey and so easy. I will keep an eye out for pumpkins here around Halloween time.

Reactions: HouseElf

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I normally put alittle out. Not sure I can find it all this year!

Today I did get a small sign with a blue truck on it and says Happy Fall Y'all at the flea market place. Also got a wreath to put over the lantern in my window.

Thank you for sharing the yarn pumpkin instructions, they are cute.

Lucie, like the rest I like the rope basket.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
I put out the same decorations every year, from the wooden tole painted pumpkin garden stakes I made in the '90s to the Big Lot's push a button sign and the haunted house lights up and makes scarry sounds and several wreaths and garland.

I was thinking this year I would add a small picture frame with a picture of my kids during Halloween from when they were kids.

I picked up 2 soy fall scented candles at Aldi for $3.99 each.

Laurie