Do You Buy Yourself A Christmas Present?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I do.

When I see a fabulous bargain, which I would LOVE to have, I do buy it for Christmas. I tell my husband about it - that he is a great bargain shopper, and that he has just gotten me something which I will love! He is happy. I am happy. I wrap the gift, mae the tag from my husband, and forget what is in there. I am happily surprised at Christmas. (My husband also tells me what he would love to get. we don't waste money or disapoint each other.

If I were not married, I would just make the tags to Me, from Santa, and wrap them and put them under the tree.

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I buy extra gifts just in case and if I don't need them I keep them for myself. Sometimes I make a list of things I see that I like and if somebody asks me I name something. My birthday is in January so it's usually marked down by then.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
No I don't. I think it is a great idea SparkleNana, I am going to suggest this to my sister!

A really excellent book I read years ago that helped me understand why it was okay for me to not be a 'gift' person and my DH who loved them understand each others needs, especially during the holidays! :package:

http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
House elf--that is a GREAT book the five love languages!
I do create family gifts--that we all enjoy like a bunch of movies and snacks wrapped together or an event to go to together. I also do my own stocking. My hubby has come a long way in our 8 years of marriage and this is actually a small thing to him.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
No I don't, however I will give him a list of things I'd like to have a gift from. Him or my son either one buy me clothing, my taste & theirs are totally different & would be a waste of money.

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
Yes, my husband hates shopping unless it's something he wants. And he will buy something if he wants it and give it to me, thinking i'll like it. So usually I buy my gifts, forget about them, and then I give the rest of the ideas of things I see to family members! :hat:

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
I don't now but I did a couple of times in high school. Used to flip my Dad out to find a package under the tree with my name from Santa that he didn't put under there. At least I was guaranteed one gift that I would like :rotflol:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
One thing my husband gives me every year now is a gift card to a bookstore...so I get presents for myself-usually in Jan! :package:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
One year I picked up a naivety wind chime for my sil (ok, not really a wind chime, it was made like a wind chime with ceramic animals, would have broke in the wind but really cute). Once I got it home I decided I was going to keep it and went back to buy sil one. Now I just buy two if I really like the gift. So I guess I do buy myself gifts. I've just never wrapped them.

Last year was the first year I handed out a gift list for me. I've already started my suggestions for gifts this year. It worked out very well.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Every year. I never really plan to, but I always end up finding something that I wrap and tuck under the tree. I usually tag it to myself from myself and then oh and ah over it like I've never seen it before. Usually gets a chuckle out of the family. One year it was the Devil Wears Prada dvd and another year it was a pair of snowflake slippers. I have used it as a hint to my boyfriend that he should be paying more attention to the things that I am drawn too...but that has not worked yet! He usually has no memory of ever seeing the item before. :grin:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Every year. I never really plan to, but I always end up finding something that I wrap and tuck under the tree. I usually tag it to myself from myself and then oh and ah over it like I've never seen it before. Usually gets a chuckle out of the family. One year it was the Devil Wears Prada dvd and another year it was a pair of snowflake slippers. I have used it as a hint to my boyfriend that he should be paying more attention to the things that I am drawn too...but that has not worked yet! He usually has no memory of ever seeing the item before. :grin:

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Kim Loves Snow said:
Every year. I never really plan to, but I always end up finding something that I wrap and tuck under the tree.

That's me, too. Normally, I'm out on Black Friday shopping for someone else, and I find some irresistible for myself that I like. Sometimes I wrap it. :package: Sometimes I just make myself wait until after the holidays before I use it.

LuAnn

Retire Member
Jan 6, 2008
western Pennsylvania
I don't personally see the point.... but I think it is wonderful that some like doing that!

If I buy myself something, fine.
But I don't wrap it and put it under the tree and pretend someone thought of me.

I just use it with joy.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
No I dont, because over the last few years Dh has gotten pretty good about shopping for me and actually buying things I love...LOL

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
No; after buying for everyone else, I don't have enough money left, usually. :rotflol:

:bigsnow:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
If i see an awesome deal or something that totally jumps out at me i will treat myself to it. I don't wrap it or put it under the tree though, i just enjoy as the treat it is. :jack:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I buy myself a present, wrap it up and give it to me from my DH! (funny he never seems to know what I want even though I leave hints everywhere...)