Do You Have Any Projects For August?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Anything you'd like to get done before the holiday cleaning plans get started August 31st?

I would LOVE to clean up a lot of stacks of paperwork.

For a change, instead of endless shredding, I decided to burn a small pile of junk mail in the fireplace. DO NOT TRY THIS! The fire made incredibly stinky smoke, even though we have a glass fire screen. The intake valve for the central air conditioner is in the living room. The intake valve started to pull the stinky smoke into the central air conditioning system -- so I had to turn the air conditioner off. I opened windows for fresh air. (By some miracle, it is not horribly hot today.)

So, if you are looking for a little variety to the endless war against paper -- this is NOT the fun thing to do. :thud:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
SparkleNana said:
So, if you are looking for a little variety to the endless war against paper -- this is NOT the fun thing to do. :thud:

LOL, well we only learn by trying, right?

I'd like to get the majority of the house painted by time the schedules start. Lol, is it sad that I picked the colour for my living room with my Christmas decor colours in mind?

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
FrostyShimmer, you are my kind of person! When we got married and moved into our house 5 years ago, I absolutely chose our paint colors with my Christmas scheme in mind. And every year, I pat myself on the back when the house is all decorated - it looks beautiful. I wouldn't worry unless you are picking out Santa wallpaper border!

:haha:

Re: August project - get all of us back to school. DH teaches middle school, DSS11 will be in 6th grade, DSS10 will be in 5th grade, DD3 will begin full-time preschool, and after taking a three year leave of absence, I am heading back into the elementary classroom, this time as a substitute teacher. And yes, I have a notebook for that. ;-)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Repaint DDs room and redecorate.... find a bed for me! and then buy new linens & curtains for my bedroom.... and one day clean up the PHOTOS!!!

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
I like to do my paperwork and sort my collected recipes. Than I can sit in the cellar - it´s a little bit cooler than outside :)

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for reminding me. Two months ago I had designated August to be my big declutter month. I didn't really forget, I'm just a procrastinator. So here is the plan for my first baby step - go out to the storage room and take a before picture, then spend 1/2 hour per day decluttering until next Wednesday and see how I did. I'm going in!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good luck, Deckr8r! Maybe a half hour a day is a good plan! It is enough time to get something serious done -- but not long enough to burn out.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Well, since DH (a teacher) and DD (a 9 year old) have been home since the end of June, things need decluttering BAD...also, we will be having some company over Labor day, so the guest room needs some work...maybe shampoo the carpets...geez, I'm already tired :thud:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My goal is to get a head start on my Christmas sewing so I can mark that off my to do list. I live in a three room apartment, and you'd think it wouldn't get that dirty! HA! It does. :frown: So, if I can get some sewing done and maybe a head start on the decluttering, I will consider the whole month a success! Unfortunately, I am usually tired when I get home from work, so don't get a lot done in the evenings. (And believe me, my job is NOT stressful at all!) I need to slap myself silly and get started. I need some motivation. :help: Oh, well, this too shall pass; it didn't come to stay. :grin:

:bigsnow: