Early Rudolph Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I know it is only the 21st but since I will be busy this weekend I decided today would be a great day to finish putting Christmas 2014 away! I still have some stragglers around the house and boxes upstairs that need to go back to the Christmas cubby (attic storage). Need to update and revamp my binder and organize the gifts I have already bought. I have a little more to take down from the front of my house and get that put away in the garage. Home alone today with nothing scheduled on the calendar, yes it will be a lovely Rudolph day!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wishing you a wonderful early Rudy Day.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
An "Early Rudolph Day" sounds good!!!! I keep finding Christmas things… in random places around the house. They are still being collected in the hall…. waiting to be put in the attic! It does "seem Christmassy"…. to be thinking ahead to Christmas 2015….. while we put things in order!!! I still have one (smallish) tree…. that we light up each night! Love those lights!!!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
This is funny because just yesterday I was looking at the two "plans" and thinking about which one I want to try for Christmas this year.

It's going to be a whole different ballgame for us. DD17 will start college in September, but will have a break at Christmas. DD22 will be married and have a home of her own, which will also mean in-laws to work around.

I'll be a nervous wreck before it's all said and done because I won't be able to plan it all out ahead of time. I'm not one who thinks I can only celebrate Christmas on December 25th for it to "feel like Christmas,"

Anyway, I plan to look at the plans and think how I want to do them this year. I also have some things that need to go back in the attic.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Jane, that would be an adjustment. I guess just plan the basics and go from there. My husbands family is so slow at planning and deciding what's going on, I never know each year. SO I just kinda scope out recipes in advance, so I know what I could bring and get together some gifts for the little ones that are coming and that's about it when it comes to that side of the family. However, I do start pushing later in the year to finalize things. Sometimes that's successful and sometimes it's not. It's funny how each stage of life brings challenges and some good changes all at the same time.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
The 25th will be a pretty busy day for me. Actually, from today forward will be. I may have to celebrate Rudy Day on the 26th. :) I'm okay with that.
I will buy a book of stamps when I go shopping today. They won't be Christmas stamps, but it will be stamps on hand for sending out cards when the time comes.
I will watch our movie of the month & sort through some of my Christmas totes.
I have a wreath that has been falling apart. I keep hot glueing it back together, but it's not holding. I'm thinking it's time to say goodbye to it.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Laura, you certainly can still get Christmas stamps at the post office if you ask. I picked some up earlier this week. They don't throw them out.

Jane, I asked my daughter in laws what was most important in their families, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. They talked it over with their parents and Christmas Eve is now our big whole family celebration so that they can spend time with their parents/families on Christmas Day. Usually one of them invites us to go spend Christmas Day with them.

I am cheating a little also. I've printed out a few new items for my Christmas binder. It needs a serious revamping for this year. I also went ahead and watched "A Christmas Story" last night since I was bored out of my mind and struggling to stay awake. It's a cute show.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
It is halfway through the 24th here. No major plans for Rudi Day. I do need to get my lists out and start adding. I am going to browse ebay and aliexpress for some ideas for stocking stuffers and small Elf gifts. I am now cross with myself as I should have bought a roll of wrapping paper when on sale and available- all Christmas stuff is now well and truly gone from our stores- in the middle of Back to School sales. I just want one roll of wrap that is different to others that I have used before- but no luck now!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I can't believe Christmas was a month ago! I didn't even realize this is Rudy Day weekend! Hmmmm...what to do....maybe go through my notebook or work on the cards I started last year and didn't finish. And a movie of course!

holidaynut

Premiere Member
Dec 6, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
I found "A Christmas Story" on YouTube. I will celebrate Rudy day today, in for a nasty storm tomorrow so we might lose the power. I will watch the movie and pack up my Christmas decor, been putting it off until now. Got my Christmas jammies, and my candy cane hot chocolate, so I'm all set to celebrate

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Holidaynut…. what a good and inspiring post!!! VERY good decision to watch a Christmas movie today! And you made me feel better…. by being so "matter of fact" about …. not having put the Christmas decor away yet!!!! Ds#2 came upstairs a while ago…. to visit with dh and me. He declared that he would put the Christmas decor in the attic…. in a couple of hours. "Good thing that he didn't want to do it right now," said dh. "Because we're moving slow today!" Thinking…. slowly…. about what to do about breakfast!

So… dh has turned on a "travel-type show"…. about an Englishman… who is driving around the USA…. talking about American future and history. Meanwhile… I am on the second couch…. talking with my MHH Family!!!

I had hot chocolate last night… with chocolate-flavored whipped cream. Very good…. the chocolate flavor is intensified a bit…. with the additional chocolate!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm still finding bits and pieces of Christmas as well. I walked around and walked around my apartment several times making sure I had taken everything down before putting the totes away. As soon as I did, BAAM!, forgot about the bath linen, BOOM! found some ornaments that mysteriously rolled under the sofa, KAPOW! forgot about the kitchen rugs. lol

In celebration of Rudy Day, I think I will grab my notebook and create a 'To Do' list in preparation for this Christmas and watch this month's movie pick. This is a great weekend for doing something Rudy, come to think of it. It's cold and rainy today and tomorrow they're expecting a snow/sleet mix.