Easter - 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
My daughter's mother in law has suggested to me that we should "all celebrate Easter together." That is perfectly fine with dh and me. However..... we think it is our daughters' call. She and her husband should decide what to do.... since it is THEIR extended family. So..... dh and I will wait. Meanwhile, I'll try to get our home/garden ready in case they want to celebrate here. Hey.... ANY incentive for me to clean/organize id welcome!!! And guests are a great incentive!!!

I do like to celebrate Easter here. I love that holiday. And -- we've lived here for a very long time and have lots of spring bulbs... which have multiplied over the years.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I still have not bought chocolate bunnies for people for Easter. (Well - for some people -- but not for all the people I enjoy giving chocolate bunnies to!)

I don't know what the celebration will be - beyond that. I do know that I am already celebrating Easter in my heart! Like Christmas, I celebrate it in my heart all year!

I also enjoy the candy peeps.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I bought some chocolate for the teens today.. 1st time I see these.... gummy bears (5 different flavors), dipped in chocolate! they should like that. One of the teens just has candies - he doesn't like chocolate.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Dd gave me her tentative Easter plans (and invited us to join her). Church service (either 9:15 or ll:15). And brunch at 1:00. At her home or a restaurant. (Reservations are being made at the restaurant). With the children - dd says it is easier at her home. There may be as many as 15 people -- and that is a lot of preparation at home. Well.. we are flexible and ready to help!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Our Easter plans have evolved further. Currently.... a 5:30 dinner at a Pan-Asian Restaurant. I haven't been to this restaurant -- but it has Sushi plus Vietnamese, Chinese, many different kinds of cuisine! I am excited! I love to try new restaurants! I love Easter. I love family celebrations!

Oneof the joys of being a member of the MHH Family is.... we have so many different kinds of celebrations! We are NOT boring! We have variety! I do love variety!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This morning, we went to the "Childrens' Service". It is my favorite! It lasts for o nly 45 minutes! No sermon! Singing lots of favorite songs. Children of all ages walking, crawling,moving everywhere! Crayons and pictures to color are handed out. Everyone is laughing joyfully at the adorable children -- and relaxed and comfortable. AND -- the ending of the service is signaled by a sign saying "DONUTS NOW". Everyone politely files out to the hall for delicious donuts, juice and/or coffee! It is a perfect, joy-filled celebration!!!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
We ended up going for a hike and having a nice dinner all by ourselves. No extended family, just the 3 of us. It was the perfect day and something we needed to bring us closer at the moment. LOVED IT!