Easter 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We'll have have a full morning at church - sunrise service followed by buffet breakfast, Sunday school, and church service with Communion. Since our dining area is still packed with DD27's boxes, etc., we won't be hosting this year. Low key for us, too. I already have a ham and will make sides to go with it.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I am not sure what we are doing this year for Easter, I am getting my gallbladder out the Friday before Good Friday. May place a ham in the smoker and make a tray of baked mac and cheese or I may make a tray of lasagna a head of time and freeze.
Thinking of you today and praying your surgery went well.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We will be going to Vigil mass on Saturday because it's a mass for my dad. We usually go on Easter Sunday, which I prefer, but I feel that we must go to the vigil now. On Sunday we will have dinner around 1, then we usually head up to the farm to visit with J's family for a bit.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@Minta Hope you are recovering well.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Easter to you all.
Our weekend was fabulous, 4 days went past very quickly.

Good Friday DD, DSIL, DH and I went on a daytrip to Robertson in the Southern Highlands of NSW where I got to fulfill the long held dream of standing under a waterfall. I am so blessed that my kids were happy to make this happen for me.

Saturday we went to the farm and did a bit of pottering up there.

Sunday, a gorgeous day. Breakfast was hot cross buns and cafe au lait. A quiet day at home, spoke to both of the kids and then off to Mum's for a gorgeous dinner of roast pork and veggies and a frozen strawberry pie. We exchanged Easter bags.

Monday, was a quiet day at home with just a few chores to get ready for the week ahead.

Easter baskets were well received. The treats were things that will be useful for the upcoming Winter. Hot chocolate mix with marshmallows, microwave puddings and packets of fun sized mars bars. We are not fans of Easter egg chocolate so I try and find different treats.

A lovely celebration topped off by the most glorious mid Autumn weather.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Good morning, my recovery went well, better than expected actually. I was able cook dinner for Easter with DH's help and we kept it simple. Baked Ham, baked mac and cheese, and veggies. I made the pies the day before. SIL hosted the extended family so for Easter is was just me, DH, our kids and DGS. DS even commented it was nice just to celebrate a holiday with just us and not having to host anyone.
Hope everyone had a great Easter.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, so glad that the recovery is going well and that you had a lovely Easter.