Easter Baskets and Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
Here comes Peter Cotton Tail...and he will be here before we know it! Are you making your own baskets this year? You may want to share creative contents to help out the rest of us. Or have you found a new recipe to try this year, if so please don't keep it a secret, everyone loves a new recipe.

My guys are 23 and 25 and I still do easter baskets, it has health bars, gum, mints, of course a chocolate bunny or large homemade peanut butter egg, I also make coupons for them to use during the year. Redeemable from me and DH. They would have a stroke if they didn't get a basket. Haven't decide on menu yet.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I do baskets for my kids yet too. They are 25 and 22 and the BF is 24. They never get to old! Maybe when (IF) grandkids come they won't get one. LOL!

Not sure what we will do for Easter this year.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Both granddaughters get baskets and now the big kids.. 31, 30 and 29 get Big Chocolate Bunnies... they got baskets up till just a couple years ago.. like yours Belles, they werent happy about me stopping, so you better not try it..

I did finally today, in between sewing, put my Easter wreath on the front door, my little flag and my metal bunny out in the front yard.. Next weekend, I really need to switch out my velvet drapes in the Living room and change my winter heavy quilt on the bed to the springy one... I think my word for this year was a mistake.. Im not listening to it !!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I give baskets to the kids that are here Easter Morning. This year it will just be DD who is 28 as the others are all out of state and were here for the Christmas holidays.

She is getting a beachy themed basket this year with a towel, sunblock, lip balm and new filp-flops as she is spending the entire summer working in the Outer Banks in NC. Of course there will be dark chocolate bunnies and sour candy (favorite) and jelly beans.

DH and I buy a few things for our Easter Eggs...they are large plastic ones...usually a little candy and a little personal thing.

As for the DG kids (local) , I have really pretty journals and nice pens for the three girls and a game for the boy. Three of them, 2 boys and 1 girl live in Albany and they are getting gift cards for McD.

Anxious to hear what others do...

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Our easter baskets are not traditional ones. Kiddo has food allergies so he can't eat jelly beans and most of the traditional Easter treats. We do pencils, a book, and art supplies (that he says he needs). No candy!!

Easter is kinda boring with no candy.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I do baskets for my daughter and DH. I put a mix of things in there for my daughter. DH just gets candy to restock his pile after the holidays. His favorite candies come around at easter, so he gets plenty of those on his own.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've stopped the baskets a few years back for DD (18) & DS (16) but they still get a small token gift. This year DD is getting a sweater and DS is getting a beer glass filled with chocolates.

For the other nieces & nephew I mostly buy clothes or outdoorsy stuff (pail, shovel) for the younger ones.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I am cutting way back this year. For Sweetie's DGC, I will give the oldest a Zhu Zhu pet; the DGS will get a small game and some army men and two hot wheels. The youngest DGD is getting a quilt bag with some games, and some hair things. Each will get a little bit of candy. My DGS here will get pretty much the same. I have a couple of different things for him, and will probably get him a kite. He likes those. The other two who live away~their mom and dad are coming up this week on Wednesday, so I will put some money in a card for each of them, and then the boy will get army men (he LOVES those) and she will get some hair stuff and maybe some nail polish. I try to keep it pretty equal...to within a dollar or so. I will have a little bit of candy in a small Target dollar spot bucket. I love doing this kind of stuff, and it is a challenge to me to see what all I can get without spending a small fortune on six grandkids!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Our kids are still young 3 & 8. Each are getting a basket with a little candy in it - 3 reese pb eggs, plastic egg filled with M&Ms and an easter bunny each. DD is getting a game for her DS and some Littest Pet Shop animals. DS is getting a new hot wheels garage. We had bought him a cheapier version for Christmas is it's already broken. He loved it so we are paying the extra money to get the good one.

We are hiding their baskets and they will have an indoor easter egg hunt. The first egg will be at the top of the stairs and will contain a clue to find their 2nd egg and so on until they find the last egg which will contain a clue to where they can find their baskets. Last year our DD snuck down the stairs to see what the easter bunny brought them and she told her brother about his train set so that is why the Easter bunny is hiding their baskets from now on.