Easter baskets

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

natashasdream

Retire Member
Jan 12, 2008
Are you giving your kids teachers easter baskets? if yes, what are you putting in them?
my daughter wants to give two of her teachers an easter basket but neither one of them eats candy nor they like perfumed lotions. Any ideas? TIA
posting.php?mode=post&f=27#
bun2

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
My children aren't old enough for school so I'm not dealing with that. I do have some ideas though for Easter gifts you could put in a basket. Think spring!

* A small potted African violet
* A herb garden (a few cups already started or the makings for one)
* Some iced tea mixes, tea or coffees
* A small birdhouse or bird feeder with a bit of seed
* A small windchime

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Greetings all,

I am sending in a potted Easter lily for the classroom -- the children love tending to plants, and it brightens things up a bit for the teachers.

Gidget-

I posted this in the Easter Countdown forum and want to make this in a MUCH cheaper version for the teachers and religion teachers. I am still looking for some nice egg cups and then I will break a hollowed chocolate egg and place a chick peep inside. Then wrap in a clear cello wrap with a nice ribbon!!!
http://www.thepopcornfactory.com/produc ... 7&channel=

If I can't find the egg cups this year I will keep at it for next year.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I saw a really cute idea in a magazine that would be good for teachers. If you can find unfinished wooden eggs paint them with chalkboard paint and then decorate them with brightly colored chalk. Use them to add as fillers for your baskets. Along with some chalk. hopbunny

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm giving ds's teachers a potted tulip for Easter. As a teacher, I appreciate anything from my students. I think gift cards are a great gift too.

Lisa

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Love the chalkboard wooden egg idea! I'm so going to have to look for one of those! I always offer to make rice crispy nests with peeps and chocolate eggs inside for DS8 classes! They are always a hit because they take "effort". DS wants me to do eggs for his class... guess we'll have to see.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jackfrosty, very cute nest. Might have to do those for the 3 little ones. (nieces and nephew).
I would think the teachers would like any type of spring item for yard or items for the birds.