Easter Tree

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
Does anyone else have an Easter tree? I'd never done it before but here in Germany they have great Easter markets with beautifully decorated eggs so I've started buying the eggs and hunting for a branch suitable for decorating....if I can ever find my Easter tree picture from last year, I'll post it. It was beautiful...a wind storm knocked over an evergreen tree just as the needles were sprouting so there were just tiny needles and some pink/purple flowers on the branches. Very pretty!

Ok, I went digging and here's the link...

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_3341.jpg

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
Martha Stewart makes beautiful Easter Trees I go to her website when I made mine, and she makes great easter egg crafts too. Check out her site. VERY HELPFUL

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Beautiful! I use my slim 6' Christmas tree for my year round tree, and it'll have eggs, crosses, bunnies and carrots on it for Easter. I'm thinking I may get a branch and do something like yours for the kitchen, maybe even as a centerpiece for the Easter table. Thanks for sharing!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I had one a few years ago but gave everything to a girlfriend of mine. I took a white Christmas tree that I bought from the dollar store and found some pretty miniature Easter egg ornaments to hang on the tree. Around the base I had a few Easter figurines, like a basket, a rabbit, etc. with small plastic eggs scattered around. It sat on my diningroom table. I think I took a picture. I'll have to go through my photos. Then on my coffee table I set up a small Easter village. It was so pretty.

As a Christian, I've always been rather sad that we don't seem to make as big a fuss of Easter as we do of Christmas- let's face it , in the Christian calendar, Easter is every bit as important- (without christmas, Easter wouldn't have happened and without Easter, Christmas would have been pointless.) so I think we should make more of an effort. That's actually one of my goals this year- to decorate more for Easter. I love the tree idea and I'm soooooo doing one of these this year!

Carin

MHH Member
Oct 21, 2007
I do an Easter tree as well. I find a branch from a tree and spray paint it white. My decorations are wooden eggs/decorations that are purchased. Each family member has an ornament with their name on it and as we add family members, we put their name on ornaments as well. I found garland that looks like Christmas lights in pastels and very small baskets that I hang on it as well.

I don't have any pictures, but even my older kids like it still.

Carin :party:

deniseindevon

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
devon, england
I have a huge bunch of willow tree branches that i decorate all year round depending on the season / holiday
christmas - glass iciles/snow flakes and birds
mid jan - mid feb the iciles are still there with the addition of pink sparkely L O V E wooden letters
mid feb - mar spring - some spring decoration the kids make
easter- plastic decorated easter eggs and little chicks
summer - decorations the kids make - polystyrene bumble bees etc
halloween: cobwebs and spiders(and birthday decorations for ds)
now: dd birthday decorations
dec: back to christmas