Election night supper

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Greetings all,

Here in Boston, even primary night is a big event. The canidates have been campaigning hard, and we are having a few Boston/MA politicians over to our home to await the returns. I have a buffet set with a tureen of senate bean soup w/ parsley and parmasean, a silver platter set with sliced corned-beef and chedder, a relish tray, club rolls, cole-slaw, and a fruit bowl. I have a drinks tray arranged, and a silver coffee urn set next to my Boston coffee cake. I am using my Americana china for service, and my waterford sherry glasses and goblets. We are eagerly anticipating the results - what fun!

Gidget -

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love that Senate Bean Soup. My aunt cut this recipe out of the newspaper when I was a little kid. I liked it then and have made it several times. When a friend, my niece and I visited DC we each took a day to choose lunch. Yep, we went to the Senate for Bean Soup. Now they hand out the recipe. Yep I think this soup is on my menu soon!

http://www.senate.gov/reference/reference_item/bean_soup.htm

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Your menu sounds wonderful!! And having a help=yourself buffet allows freedom for election watching on TV and lots of good conversation!!! It sounds like a great way to celebrate a really important night! :party:

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Wow! Sounds exciting when you make the elections a party! Here in Wisconsin, we are happy the primary's are over. Most people are just tired of hearing about it constantly---and answering the phone only to wait 5-10 seconds to listen to a prerecorded message. I get very excited over the real presidential election and I was excited over voting yesterday, but it sounds like the real excitement is out east by you! Hope your party is a success!