Elfs are here!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HolidayAngel

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Elfs are here! Yellow Snow and Snowflake showed up friday afternoon, my husband went out and I set to work putting up all the christmas stuff and once the tree was out I was the put elfs underneath the tree, with the first gift they brought, turned off the lights and was sitting on the sofa waiting with christmas music playing when the kids came back. They saw the tree right away and then they saw the elfs.... They take them everywhere|! Yesterday the went to crown center with me, the kids and their great grandma they had a blast! :smile:

How exciting!!! I fianlly found some elves last night!! I have to get one more later today. I should have bought them all last night but didn't have enough money on me and the gift card I planned on using apparently is only for the department store and NOT their outlet store -I never heard of such a thing. Anyway they were $6.99 and then 50% off. Yes only $3.49 each.

I have been searching for the past 6 weeks and finally find them at that incredible price. I bought a red sleigh for a dollar at the goodwill store that they will arrive in. Now I have to set up passport pictures when the kids go back to school and work on the passports. Our elves will arrive on December 1st and return home with Santa on Christmas Eve. I haven't named them yet- I guess I will need names for the passports :huh:

I also saw in WalMart for $3.64 each a wine bag that looks like a Santa suit. Red with the white furry trim and tassles that tie around the "waist" of the bottle. So how perfect will that be for their slumber bags? They are in the gift card area of the store. That will be fridays stop (payday) before their "arrival" on Saturday.

I started off worrying I will never find the elves in time for this year but now I am SOOOOO excited to get this new tradition started!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
GREAT FIND....And I'll let you in on a little secret...if you promise not to laugh!!

I can not locate...Bernard, Jingle, and Bell....ooops!!! I can't remember where I packed them away last year....LOL...so much for being organized....this year I'll put a note to myself in my notebook....

So in the meantime....they sent a little "previsit" gift along with Professor Sugar Plum (another elf I found at the flea market) with a note saying they are stuck in a blizzard and will be here shortly...as soon as they are "uncovered"....I wasn't planning for them to arrive until December 1st anyway....but now I must start looking seriously!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I can't find an elf!! I just want to find a small one, maybe 3-6 inches but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg either. I'm really going to have to start searching the thrift shops around here this week when my son is in school, which only gives me two afternoons. Yikes!! I thought about making one but not sure I have time because it would be alot of trial and error. IF I don't find one I think i'll write a letter from Edwyn telling my son how shy he is and that if he has a good time maybe he'll feel comfortable enough to show himself next year.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Posting my above post must have given me some Christmas luck!! I found two elves, a boy and a girl, at Walmart for $1.97 each. Can't beat that!! I bought them both, along with little drawstring gift sacks for sleeping bags, and each of them will arrive in a little Christmas decorated cardboard food pail. All for under $8. :grin:

MrsSoup said:
Posting my above post must have given me some Christmas luck!! I found two elves, a boy and a girl, at Walmart for $1.97 each. Can't beat that!! I bought them both, along with little drawstring gift sacks for sleeping bags, and each of them will arrive in a little Christmas decorated cardboard food pail. All for under $8. :grin:

Where in Walmart did you find them? I have searched 2 different WalMart's on several occassions and didn't find any!!

I went back to Bealls outlet and bought the other 3 elves they had. I needed one more for my boys and I will save one for my nephew when he gets older. I will have ONE more in case my sister has a little boy-she already has a little girl but these elves were all boy elves that I found.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I live in a very small town so our Walmart sometimes has stuff that other ones don't. We don't have any selection of ornaments like most Walmarts, just various colored balls and a little bitty section in one aisle. I found these elves in that teeny tiny section. They weren't there the last few times i've gone to Walmart. I didn't know if they would have any or not, but low and behold how lucky was I? LOL They don't look like the typical elves that everyone else has shown pictures of. But they work for me.

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
That's wonderful that you were able to find some elves! I just saw them in the other thread and they are adorable!!

Gingerbug, have you located your elves yet?