Elves in Australia

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
For any Aussies looking for elves, I found these in Cheap as Chips. They were $8 each.

They are shelf sitters, so their bodies are weighted. Their hats have wire in so you can pose them. They are described as being 11x40cm, so I'd guess the 40cm is from head to toe.

These are the first elves I have seen anywhere.

Carol

South Australia

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi Carol!

Thanks for the post - I'll have to see if there's a Cheap as Chips in Perth somewhere to have a look.

I actually ordered my elves from the U.S. as I also couldn't find ANY elves here. Not even toys! I did however find penguins and butterflies - not sure what those have to do with Christmas!!

Maybe most elves find Decembers here too warm??

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
I just checked the Cheap as Chips website for store locations. Seems they are a predominantly South Australian company. There are only a few stores outside of SA and they are in regional Victoria. http://www.cheapaschips.com.au/storelist.asp

Other discount stores may have these elves though as often the different chains use the same suppliers.

Carol

Last edited:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh they look great!! I'll keep an eye out here - thanks for the tip!!

skillyskally

Retire Member
Oct 28, 2010
Aw they are sooo cute! I wish I'd been activated sooner so I could see the pic - I am in SA too but am in the middle of sewing some elves for my kidlets becuase I couldn't find any. Those little guys would have been perfect! Love the overalls on the boy elf.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
They are adorable!

skillyskally

Retire Member
Oct 28, 2010
Just thought I'd mention - someone is selling these on ebay Australia at $16 each! They have quite a few too...

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
wow! Glad they weren't on eBay when I was looking for elf stuff recently and before I found them in the shop ... I might have been tempted. Now I'm tempted to buy more if the shop still has them next time I go there. :)

Last edited:

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
Went grocery shopping and found these elves in Woolies. They are actually "goodie bags". The body is a "bag" with a velcro closure so can be filled with goodies. I'm sure someone creative could stuff the body and add legs for a cute little elf if needed.

Carol
South Australia