Excited about new supplies I just found!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Last year I made everyone thrummed mittens for Christmas. I got several requests for additional pairs this year. I just went to our local store to stock up on thrumming (think its actually called roaving) and the woman pointed out that they now carry it in 6 new colours! I've only ever been able to find the undyed natural fiber before.

Yes, small things excite me. Now I'm considering all the colour combo possibilities...this is seriously going to alter my Christmas crafting. lol.

:bigsnow:

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Cool FrostyShimmer! I also googled them and found one pattern but I'm still just learning to knit, I crochet mostly.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
They aren't really difficult at all. I found my pattern in a knit-a-day calendar. I am not very good at keeping up a complicated pattern, and they were one of the first things I made other than scarves. My biggest struggle was getting my dogs to leave the thrumming alone. lol.

They are extremely warm. I used individual pieces of thrumming, but some people carry the strand through the knitting for a tidier look. I prefer the old-fashioned way, but I imagine the other would work well too.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I put a picture of some thrum mittens I made last year on my sad-attempt-at-a-blog. These have been worn about 50 times and are kind of ragged looking. I also put up a picture of a pair that is in the works to show how quickly they knit up.

I wasn't planning on making them this year, but I have requests for about 6 pairs. I'm hoping to design a pattern to make matching thrummed hats in the same colours I made mittens for people last year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Frosty I like your blog! too bad I don't knit (just crochet) but I think these are very nice.