Fall Clothes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
For the first time in several years, I actually have seen several fall fashions that I really like. I have a hard time finding things that don't look like something that my grandmothers would have worn, yet not something that my 21 year old niece would wear...

I usually have a sort of fall uniform, which I tend to wear in several different variations over the fall. (I think we may have discussed this a little last fall..it feels vaguely familiar...)Anywho...

I am really looking forward to retiring the capris and tees and dragging out the jeans, boots, long sleeved white blouses and my beloved, bedazzled, bejeweled, blingy (of course!!) blue jean jacket. Long skirts in denim, khaki and black round out my every day stuff, and I have several long sleeved tee shirts that I can jazz up with vests and jewelry, or dress down for every day.

I love clothes in rich, deep fall colors such as pumpkin, gold, garnet and emerald, and I just love to wear boots. I have a black pair with a high heel that I wear with jeans and skirts, two pair of flat-heeled riding boots, one in brown and one in black, and a pair of black kitten heel suede boots. My riding boots are my fall back on, wear every day, with every outfit boots. I love love love the style and the leather is just getting softer every year-this is the 7th year I've worn them! DH bought me the brown pair for my birthday and the black ones for Christmas the year DS7 was born...that's how I can remember!!

And, of course, I top everything (EVERYTHING) with jewelry...I even put on my crystal studded hoops to go to the mailbox-no kidding!! LOL.

What are you looking forward to wearing that you haven't in a while?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Maternity clothes. :haha: No, seriously though, I love jeans and long sleeved shirts or sweaters. I don't really have any shoes besides tennis shoes so I may have to go shopping at some point. I'm not sure how long my jeans are going to fit me once the weather gets cold enough to wear them, I may be in maternity clothes sooner than I think. Oh well, at least they're cute and comfy.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I love my jeans and i look forward to breaking out my hoodies and my Quacker Factory sweaters. I also have a couple sets of hooded jackets with matching track pants and they are so comfy and yet look so pulled together. :bigsnow: Mostly i wear tennis shoes but i have black Timberland hiking boots as well as pink ones trimmed in pink fur, and my black Mammoth Crocs that get pulled out with the changing of the season.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I love my cold weather clothes, looking forward to pulling out the sweaters, and my favorite flannel shirts...I also have an old, old worn out denim shirt that I wear around the house in the winter that makes me feel -this is weird I know-like doing housework, and organizing stuff--I don't care if I get grubby wearing it! :flower:

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ahh yes....my fav...fall clothing!!! We live in TX now so it is modified fall clothing, but I love pumpkin, turquoise, burgundy, etc. I have many twinsets for teaching as well as nice dress pants and skirts. Once it cools down, I love to wear tights with my skirts! And of course the boots! I have tall black ones that I love!!!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Denim pants, black turtle neck sweater and black boots - my uniform :frosty: I just need a place to live that I could wear it all the time!

I like to add colour with a wool jacket and a handknitted crazy scarf!

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Jeans, long sleeved tee shirts, and if needed a hoodie! I hate to wear a coat, so I ususally just stick on a hoodie. Except for church, then I will wear the dreaded coat.

I love weather that I call "shorts and sweatshirts". Still a little warm, but with just enough nip in the air to need the sweatshirt. Can't wait!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I love wearing jeans, boots, turtlenecks, and short leather jackets. On the weekends when I'm up early running around, doing my weekly chores (grocery shopping, etc.) I like to throw on a pair of sweat pants, t-shirt and sneakers.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I love sweaters. My mom and mom-in-law have bought me quite a few from Christopher and Banks for my birthdays. I hate skirts and dresses... let's get that out in the open. But... I do love low rider, boot-cut jeans. I add a t-shirt, sweater and my new cowboy boots and I am in 7th heaven. I love adding a colorful scarf in a matching or contrasting color for funkiness. Hubby just bought me the cowboy boot last winter. I would wear them everywhere if I could-- church, grocery shopping, out to eat.

I wear mostly jewel tone colors in the fall/winter-- dark purples, blues, reds and burgundy. When I do dress up I love wearing black pants, a sweater and my high heel ankle boot. My boot make me feel tall (I stand on the short side of life).

I am going to use my September "celebrate me" day to tweek and revamp my wardrobe (shopping NOT included). A few different combos and my clothes will feel fresh again. I try to keep the new fall fashions in mind but I am not normally a tend follower.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
cmerth said:
I am going to use my September "celebrate me" day to tweek and revamp my wardrobe (shopping NOT included). A few different combos and my clothes will feel fresh again. I try to keep the new fall fashions in mind but I am not normally a tend follower.

I do something similar. I make a list of outfits to wear from the clothes I already have (Been doing this since I was a teenager. Never outgrew it LOL). Anyway, I can go a few of months before repeating an outfit. When I do buy a new outfit or a blouse, skirt, whatever, I just put other pieces from my closet with the new stuff to make a new outfit. I'm not a follower of the trends either but I do take notice. I usually can put together an outfit from something I already have and make it look like todays fashion.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Jean's and Hoodies. My hoodies, dd13's hoodies, ds11's hoodies doesn't matter as long as I have a hoodie. Actually even right now and fall isn't even here yet but it gets quite chilly sitting at football practice near the lake. DD13 and I wear the same shirt size and DS11 should wear one size smaller than he gets because he likes all his clothes big so that's ok because they fit mom. Only problem is both dd and ds raid moms hoodies.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Our climate is sop temperate, with such little changes, that my "fall" wardrobe is not that different to my summer or winter one. For summer, I wear a lot o short sleeved t-shirt type topes for work, during fall I move into proper shirts and some long sleeved t-shirt type tops, and for the depths of winter, I wear a vest under shirts, or a jumper (a relatively thin one that works for smart casual dress code in our office).

For more casual wear, I am in jeans and lighter long sleeved tops, with a couple of zip-up tracksuit jackets with hoods or a cardigan to layer it up for the wind or cooler days. I am still wearing my sleeveless body-warmer rather than an anorack or formal coat most days.

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
I love fall clothes, but I have a question. Why did mine shrink over the summer? Hmmmmm

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah what's with the shrinking problem, while they were in a tote in the basement no less. geeeeesssss!!!!

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
I have that shrinking problem, too. ;-) I love looking in the fashion magazines and seeing what I have that goes with the trends. I love purple and am glad that's a popular color this fall. My fall favorites are hats and scarves and thick socks with designs.

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
It seems several of us have had the amazing clothes shrinkage problem.

Do you think we should write to the manufacturers and see if they can tell us what is wrong with their product? That is one option. I really can't even imagine what else it could be!

Or, maybe there is some kind of chemical compound in the totes that leach out into the clothes and shrink them. Perhaps I will e-mail Rubbermaid and find out what the problem is.

I think this is a serious problem and should probably be directed to the President or the Marines, or Jenny Craig (opps, I didn't mean to add her).

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Yes, due to this incredible shrinking phenonom that is sweeping the world, I have decided to purchase a new fringed shawl from Coldwater Creek as the first addition to my fall wardrobe. That way I can still wear last year's too tight pants and no one will be the wiser! Thank the Lord for elastic waist knit skirts that look good with a sweater OVER it!!

redfairy

Premiere Member
May 23, 2008
Utah
I love wearing my long-sleeved shirts layered, my hoodies are a must, and I love that fall is the perfect time for me to wear my favorite color: burgundy! Of course, everything is paired with my jeans, as well as my boots. I also finally saved up enough to buy some new mules, which will replace the ones my dog ate, lol!