Fall Clothes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, in Florida my fall clothes would .... be the same as my summer clothes! ACK! Sometime after Thanksgiving, I might actually get to break out and wear my flannel shirts which would be my FAV's.
::eek:rnament:

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
It stays warm here too in Texas, but I just start to wear all fall colors like browns and plum and more black and tan.

It usually is cold enough in buildings though that I can wear long sleeves quite a bit.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I know this was last year's fall discussion, but the fashion over here for fall is for long line cardigans over straight trousers and a plain top - and even better, that covers up a lot of the shrinkage problems that we are having (I am suffering from it this year a lot, having managed to deal with the worst of it last spring).

So I have a couple of new long cardigans, and have also decided to get back into my healthy eating and getting some more exercise (we went for a family walk, with DD cycling, after dinner last night which was good!).

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
That seems to be the trend here also. I plan to get a couple of the long cardigans. They are great for wearing during those chilly mornngs whhen heading to work. Plus they will keep me warm in a cold office. I do not know why office buildings have to be so cold.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I noticed the long cardigan trend, as well as vests have seem to come back in full force. I really love wearing sweaters in the fall and layering pieces. It was nice to wear long sleeved tops this weekend and my fleece hoodie with jeans.

I love boots too, Cathymac. My favorite pair is worn out and I'm on the search for new ones. I'll keep you posted.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
First time posting on the new boards....so sorry if I do this wrong.
I too love the new fall fashions! This is my favourite time of year to go shopping for clothes. Long grandfather sweaters are so cozy! I'm also loving the large falling necklines I'm seeing on a lot of sweaters that give you that off-the-shoulder look without actually exposing your shoulders (no need for a strapless and still work appropriate)
Also seeing a lot of asymmetrical sweaters and even capes.
I also love that over-the-knee boots are mainstream this year...except that they are so expensive! My legs are crooked from the knees down, so if I can cover up to the knee I'm a happy girl! Only thing is they can be hard to pull off without looking streetwalkerish. I'm searching for the perfect pair of boots that I can wear to work with a skirt or out to shovel snow.
Scarves are also everywhere. Good way to stretch the budget and give an outfit a new look.
Hehe, can you tell I'm excited for sweater weather?

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I also like the new fall fashion, but it I am afraid it will not fit for a very long time in this season... :)
I have to look more and more for maternity clothes and there is not so much choice.

But next year... :)

(objective for next fall season - get my old size :))

Chilli

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Sweaters! Love 'em! And a nice black leather jacket with boots and jeans. I also like the crisp look of a man-tailored blouse with jeans.

Oh yeah, MAJOR shrinkage...can't have anything to do with those stubborn 40lbs of "baby weight"...it's been six months and I haven't made a dent yet!

The funniest thing I ever heard was my SIL's trainer describing clients' extra weight as sweaters...to which she asked, "oh, am I a cashmere sweater?"
He replied, "No, honey, you're more of a big fluffy mohair!"

Thankfully, she has a good sense of humor and an even better sense of self!!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I made an excutive decision today that on October 1, no matter how warm it is, I'm wearing my boots that day! I sure hope it's cool...they are lined! LOL! But I'm wearing them regardless. I almost wore them this week with all the rain we've had...I hate for my feet to get wet when i wear flip-flops or sandals and it rains..and it's rained for several days here-over 12 inches. Maybe I should just get some flippers to wear!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Cathy, i keep seeing these really cool knee length rain boots, maybe you should get a pair of those, lol. I want some plaid ones that i saw the other day but not sure if i would wear them enough to buy them.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Yes, those are really cute. I saw a pair of zebra striped ones at the ballgame today..very cute and chic. I might try to get a pair, but honestly I need a new dressy pair before I buy something like that. But...I would like to have some to wear for our rainy winter and spring.