Family Christmas festivities ...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Greetings all,
We had extended family over for some Christmas cheer; just thought I would post a recap of the affair. We had six children under the age of 6 (three were mine, three were cousins), and 10 adults. For the children I set-up a snowman room (our back-kitchen dining area) with a snowman table cloth and snowman bucket-head centerpiece. The fireplace was lit (Mums were with the youngsters so the fire was not a danger to them), and pipecleaner snowflakes (made by the children) hung from the ceiling. The children ate PB&Js that I cut with Christmas cookie cutters, carrots w/ ranch dip (snowmen noses), and a munch mix made from popcorn, pretzels and mini marshmallows. For the adults were had a simple buffet of cocktail meatballs, tortellini salad, stuffed eggs, mixed green salad, date-nut creamcheese tea sandwiches, and a nut-dried fruit mix. I offered eggnog, cider and tonic, and the children had snowman soup. My diningroom table was laid with a royal blue damask cloth and I used cut-glass serving dishes, plates and goblets. I used sterling flatware and tied sheer silver ribbon around the handles of each serving utensil. I lit the candellabras, a small table top tree, and placed votives on the table admist the platters; the candles cast a magical glow. While the adults visited, the children made tin foil chains to take home for their trees (no mess!). We then had mini cheesecakes and Christmas cookies; served with coffee. As each guest left I gave them a bag of clementines & peppermint candies, and a small snowman cup with a baggie of snowman soup for each child. It was such a lovley afternoon ....

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
That sounds wonderful. You obviously put a lot of thought into planning and I'm sure your guests appreciated it...I know I would!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wish I'd been there!