farm themed birthday party for 6 year old

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
Hi, all. has anyone done a farm themed birthday party for their little one?

We live on a small farm and I want to do this for my going to turn six year old in November.

I was thinking of:

-pony rides (a friend is letting us borrow his miniature horse for this! :pink: )
-I have a pin the tail on the turkey game (love that Target dollar spot!)
-bobbing for apples
-going out to the barn to see the animals
-pumpkin rolling

I was going just to do cake and ice cream

Anyone have something SUPER cute to share? Thanks for your ideas in advance!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
http://familyfun.go.com/parties/holiday/specialfeature/0104_hotr_sf/

When my eldest son was four we did a farm party. We used hay bales and made a bit of maze (they are short at this stage lol) familyfun.go.com provided inspiration for a horse birthday cake.

Our 'treat bags' where paper bags tied with a red bandana.
For a game we played horse shoes, and had a duck pinata.
For a craft we made mini-scarecrows.

:leprechaun: Good luck, have fun!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
When my son was 2 we had a farm themed party. I did his invitations in shape of a green tractor with yellow stripes on it and used black for the tires. Made out of construction paper. I copied a tractor pattern from a coloring book and then drew the pattern.

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
We have done 3 Farm Parties for each one of our kids, DD16, DD10, and DS6. We did it on the year that they turned 6 years old. I used red and white check tableclothes, and straw bales to sit on. We had a barn tent that we set up outside. My SIL is an Ag. teacher at the local high school and her kids there "show" sheeps and goats at the local county fairs in the fall. So we got her to bring some sheeps and goats and the children got to led them around with their halters. The animals were broke since the high schoolers had been showing them. The "CITY" kids thought this was amazing. They also got to feed the sheeps and the goats. I forgot to tell you that we live on a Cattle farm. We brought out our Bull that we take to the county fairs and the kids got to pet him. We also pulled the tractor down by the house and sit all the kids on it and got their picture made on it. They kids had a really great time.

Christmas3
:package: :package: :package: