Feb GPD

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Don't forget many people are starting to celebrate GPD on the 13th - that is next week and the day before VDay so what are your plans? I will work some more on my Fall notebook over the following weekend.

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
I didn't get to work on my giant spider web either, it was a bad week for me. :huh:
Did start pricing rope though....maybe by the 13th :grin:
oh! Jackfrosty, at the end of Halloween last year I bought black garland for less than 2 dollars!.....had I known...some would have come your way! :slap:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm hoping to go through my tear files of Halloween recipes. I've got a ton of them, but I know I'll never use many - just too much work to make. Then I want to organize what's left into my Fall notebook. :ghost:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
oh! Jackfrosty, at the end of Halloween last year I bought black garland for less than 2 dollars!.....had I known...some would have come your way!
You are just too thoughtful! You just find the neatest stuff too! I'm going to try and get some halloween pic's together, make copies and hang them from the garland. I'd like to find some lights for it-maybe those green LED's they look pretty funky! And I want to paint jingle bells with green, orange, and purple and attach those as well. Not sure what kind of ribbon to use-I'll have to keep my eyes open at the dollar store this Halloween.

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
Your garland sounds like it will turn out really cool...like the jingle bell idea! :grin:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Because of Valentine's Day the day before and no 31st this month, my GPD will have to be moved to another slot. I think I'll continue working on recipe notebooks and add some new ones to try to my pumpkin section as well as continue my hunt for easy kid costume ideas. :jack:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
In January dd12 and her friends got alot figured out for haunted house they are going to give it a couple months before working on it again.

So Feb we are going to try and finalize menu and work on games.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
JackFrosty-that's the great thing about starting so early...you have plenty of time to get it done before Halloween!

I think I'll work on my party plans for the big Boo!Bash2! and make my supply lists that didn't get done last month, as well as trying to decide on how I want to decorate...last year was good, but I have BIG ideas for my back porch and yard this sping and summer, and that will influence how I decorate for the party. Sort of vintage funk meets a French country garden, if you can imagine such!

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
okay, I am still pricing out rope...walmart has it for about 13 dollars for 75 ft. (the kind I want anyway) i would need 3-4 of those so....i am still pricing out, need it a little cheaper. off to home depot, lowes , etc... chick3

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Cathymac - I love hearing that your summer outside plans will kind of continue on through the October celebrations! (I pray that we will be that lucky!! It WAS 70 degrees here last Halloween and it was like a huge outdoor festival - everyone was soaking up the wonderful weather!!)

Your furniture/decorating theme sounds great to me! I read a little about "cottage style" gardens - which are loved by almost everyone. They said old, mismatched well-worn furniture fits in best with this kind of comfortable, eclectic garden. (Although I am thrilled also to go to a garden or deck with modern, matching furniture too! As long as you are outside, and are comfortable, it is all good!

I imagine Country French to involve big tables for lots of delicious food and chairs for sitting around and talking and savoring such delicious food.

We had neighbors years ago - the woman had been born in France. They said "Americans spend more time working in their yards than anybody else in the world -- and less time sitting outside and enjoying them."

This family had moved a kitchen table and chairs outside, and ate dinner there every night that it wasn't raining. As I recall, they didn't do any gardening at all (they were renting the house) but they sure enjoyed that garden! :shmaorckstring:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I may try the crockpot pumpkin pudding as well on GPD this month. I didn't work on my Halloween Notebook last GPD so that will move to this one.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Please share the Crockpot Pumpkin Pudding recipe I have looked but can't find it. :jack:

Thanks!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Thanks!

With so much great stuff on here I have not been able to do Taste It but will definately look into it-

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I think I'll try to corned beef and the pumpkin pie pudding, too. They actually all sound delicious! I love corned beef and pumpkin pie! Luckily, I have two crockpots!! "heartstrings: