February 2008 Rudy day ....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to find a design for my Christmas cards this month. I love reading all the ideas everyone has for this months Rudy Day.

I need to get stickers on my calendar so I remember these days too. I haven't dont that so far this year.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Can't believe Rudy Day is tomorrow!!

I am going to jot a few notes down for my newsletter, have some Christmas tea with son, finish reading a Christmas novel that I am in the middle of and I really want to watch Garfield Christmas!!

:bigsnow: Melanie

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Ohhhh I just love Garfield Christmas!!!!

I plan on working in my christmas notebook and watching National Lampoon Christmas Vacation.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did an early rudy day (work tomorrow)
[*] Worked on my notebook
[*] Counted the $$ spent on gifts last Christmas (oh my!!!)
[*] Listened to Christmas music while working on my notebook
[*] Chose a new craft to make (tea-bag doll)... need to go buy some supplies ...
[*] Wrote down the name of a few family recipes to put in a recipe book (some day) ...
[*] Found small gift (to make) for the teens when they come to our house on New Year's Eve... http://www.wrapables.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=A55799&prodlist=celebros self-esteem cereal bowl...

... well at least I've done SOMETHING in the lists of things to do this month...

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
It will be a fun Rudy day, sipping hot chocolate and deciding on what activities to eliminate at Christmas. We are just too busy and get too rushed. Better to make some decisions before get caught up in the emotions. :lol:

Also going to work on transcribing some of my Dad's tapes talking about his WWII days. Plan on making booklets up for his grandchildren and my brothers. This is time-consuming so I need to do a some every Rudy Day.

Bring on the Christmas music...

:lol:

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
bun1 HAPPY RUDY DAY EVERYONE bun1

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Isn't it fun to read everyone's plans for Rudy Day!!!

And to imagine cozy little islands - all over the world - of people thinking about and enjoying Christmas!!!!

Yay us!!! :package:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I beleive when I get home from work and get started on evening stuff that I will start organizing my 3 totes of Christmas patterns and magazines. Maybe I will leave here earlier and go to Wally World and get some expandable folders and can label them santas, snowmen, angels, etc for the loose papers and ones I print out. Better run and do that before work. I hate going afterwards.

EVERYBODY ENJOY RUDY DAY!!!!!!!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Happy Rudy Day Everyone! :rudolph: I'm at work today so the only thing I can do is visit here on the boards for a bit. I have to work at my parttime job as well tonight so I celebrated a little yesterday. I bought a few stocking stuffers for my nieces and nephews and updated my address book. I also baked a cream cheese pound cake which I brought to work today to share with my coworkers.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Happy Rudy Day!

Since today's the last Rudy Day before the Vernal Equinox, it's Spring Cleaning Day! :bunny: :flower:

jolly elf

Premiere Member
Jan 23, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
:globe: Happy Rudy Day everyone!!!! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I hope everyone gets a chance to do something to celebrate. I am listening to my Christmas music as I sit at the computer. Have a great day.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
:rudolph: Happy Rudy Day, Everyone!! :rudolph:

For once I think I might be productive today. Between volunteering at school and picking the kids up from school & band, I hope to organize/inventory my gift closet, purchase a couple things for Operation Christmas Child boxes, and get caught up on organizing my Christmas Notebook. Oh, and of course, listen to Christmas music!!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Happy Rudy Day everyone!

Last R.D. I didn't get much done, had already organized my notebook right after Christmas so things were fresh.

This R.D. I am wearing my socks & earrings and moving my christmas wrap, tags, gift bags into their new home (the wrapping dresser) in my new craft room I have been working on.
This is the year of the great house revamp, moved kids to upstairs bedrooms and am moving things around on the main floor, lots of cleaning and organizing but no money spent! Yeah!
Will also be organizing the few gifts I have and making a new gift closet area. (Top of the craft room closet, no kids peeking)
I need a stepladder to get in there!.
Will be listening to Christmas music also, a grey rainy day here, how perfect!
Have a good one everybody.
Toni :package:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
:frosty: I didn't accomplish too much last month but this Rudy Day I have plans to watch The Santa Clause and trace embroidery designs for a tablerunner for stepmom for Christmas. I enjoy doing handwork while riding in the car and this way I will have my project ready to go. Yesterday I cleaned and inventoried one of my gift drawers, and 1 shelf, so that is now done.
HAPPY RUDY DAY TO ALL!!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
Mainly I'm still working on organizing my Christmas materials and on printing and researching different recipes and crafts I'd like to try this year for 08.

I've got a big knitting project I'm working on (a shawl for my MIL in a lace-weight yarn) that I'm working on whenever I can, but especially on Rudy days ::eek:rnament:

I have also purchased a few gifts this year, so I need to update my gift stash list :package:

I've gotten most of the red furniture in my little "north pole" nook of our bedroom and I've been working on organizing the shelves, too. My desk is nice and cleared and ready for updating our holiday card list, today, too. (I'll take some pictures once it isn't quite so cluttered in there and I get the shelves organized)

And, there will be a peppermint bath tonight and probably a little Christmas movie watching with the kids later, too :grin:

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
Happy Rudolph Day everybody!! I'm listening to Christmas music (Josh Groban's Noel cd) and signing my Christmas cards. I'm also going to organize my gift wrap and bows and move them into the computer/craft/sewing room. Hope everyone gets a chance to have some hot cocoa and have a Christmasy day! :haha:

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Been busy this morning doing the morning routine so I can soon start my Rudy Day projects - what good motivation it is to get things done fast. This afternoon I will be transcribing one of my Dad's tapes describing his WWII activities. Also going to select some photos of him during the War to go along with it.
Then I'm going to begin making Baby's First Christmas ornament for our granddaughter. :lol:
The Christmas music is going and I'm wearing my Christmas socks and sweatshirt.