February 2013 - Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Was looking at ideas on a declutter blog last week and I like one of the things she was saying. She said that when you go through your linen close you should get rid of thing you do NOT use... extra blankets, SHEETS, etc.... they may still be good but you do NOT need them, so why keep them? Next time I do my linen closet I'll try to think of it that way. She was also doing this for her kitchen cabinet (glasses!).

I have this problem in our spare room. Lordy! And it doesn't help there are no shelves in that closet to store winter blankets. Gotta deal with that.

One of the places I seek out for sheets and towels specifically is battered women's shelters. They are often hidden in the community (so the batterers can't find them) and are very much in need of sheets and towels and extra toothbrushes (that you have 20 of from your dentist) to greet the new arrivals that may arrive in the middle of the night with nothing in their hands but their children. A friend of mine told me about one such shelter and I delivered a carload to a much appreciative shelter when my mom passed away. I felt really really good about giving them all I could. It helps me give away even more when I know where things are going.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I remember when my aunt got into one of those homes! I was young but I'd never known that home existed before that time and it was quite near us. That is a very good idea!