February 2013 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm starting this a little early because I thought it might be useful to make a small list of what you hope to do on Rudolph Day. Febrary RD falls on a Monday which is not necessarily a good day for me to accomplish things so might do my list on Sunday (the day before).

Since February is Crafty Kits Month I want to include a craft this Rudolph Day. Not sure what yet so suggestions welcome.

February 2013 List

*Make a Christmas craft
*Blog Rudolph Day at Rudolph Ramblings and MHH homepage
* Look thorugh notebook and update as needed (I want to put this one each month because I NEED to keep lists and plans more up to date this year!)

That's it for February.....what does your list look like??

:clothes:

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I would like to get a snowman garland done that I've had for quite sometime and work on planning my decoraing for outside and in. I was very late with that stuff this past year because of lack of time and planning. I'm hoping for a better organized year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Here's my list:
- watch movie of the month....._______________
- Set up tote with crafts
- Make some gift tags
- Find or look up ideas of what to include in Christmas cards
- Start stocking stuffer list
- Continue looking at crafts for 2013
- Art page for my Rudy day notebook - found the image I want to draw
- Finalize idea for 2013 Christmas craft for friends
- Continue house decluttering

Yay a Monday!! The day I can have some real Rudolph day fun.

Ok, just decided I'm having a hot chocolate tonight with real dark chocolates melted in my milk... it should go down to -39C tonight with windchill so it'll be perfect!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am with Lucie, I need to make a stocking stuffer list, and I would like to find a nice saying for in my cards in stead of "wishing you a happy Christmas" blah blah blah.
I would also like to finalise my craft list and have a clean up of the gift closet.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I think I will make some gift tags. I know I won't get them all done, but at least get a good start on them.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I will definitely be putting projects into kits. I did that with two scarf projects for a recent trip to Disney World, and I finished both of them while I was there! Maybe this is the secret for me. It's easy to grab a small bag and go. I have some make-up bags that I've saved from Clinique freebies, and they are perfect for ornament kits. When projects are in piles or stuck in drawers, they are "out of sight, out of mind" as far as I'm concerned. Last Christmas was pretty haphazard after my mother's death and my son's pneumonia. I'm determined to make this one better.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i would like to watch achristmas movie and have good thoughts. maybe some hot chocolate too

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rudy day is tomorrow and a work day for me, so today I will be doing a stocking list and working on some crafts. I did clean the gift closet yesterday so that was good. Gives me an idea of where I am heading. Not doing too bad so far, but still a long ways to go

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Good morning from chilly South Carolina! My plan for Rudolph Day is to be driving the 6-7 hours home to Florida! I haven't really thought about RD because I knew I'd be away. Hopefully I can do some planning this week and get a jump on something next weekend :)

Holiday Barbie

MHH Member
Oct 1, 2008
My Rudolph Day Plan

Good morning everyone and Happy Rudolph Day! My plan for today is to take my Christmas dishes out of my china hutch and put them away. I never got around to this last year so I'm determined to do it today. I've got a movie ready to go on my DVR so all I need to do before I start is make some hot chocolate. I have to leave for work at 1:00, so time to get going. Have a wonderful day!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Put my Christmas socks on. Added some fudge to my yogourt this morning. tonight we'll be having Tourtière from the freezer... that is our Christmas meal.
Now I will start my Christmas art project for my journal.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I have already been out on one ambulance call but now I have eatten lunch..I have to inventory my gift drawer and see how many gift tags I need to make to restock my supplies. I bought extra gift wrap after Christmas but I always run short of tags.

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Plan is to put away some straggling Christmas items that are still hanging around. I guess I bought more crafting items items than I realized. Oops!

Holiday Barbie...I love china, and would love to know what your Christmas dishes look like!

Holiday Barbie

MHH Member
Oct 1, 2008
wijulie-The pattern is Victorian Christmas by Johnson Brothers I believe. They were my mom's and she gave them to me when she and my dad moved to a retirement facility a few years ago. They have a Christmas Tree in the center and holly and red ribbon on the edges. They aren't my favorite, but I do have lots of fond memories of Christmas meals when they were used :)

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Holiday Barbie---I'm not familiar with that pattern, but I love a lot of those by Johnson Brothers. In fact, I have some red transferware by them. Maybe you could post a pic? I personally wouldn't know how to do that, but I assume EVERYBODY must be more tech savvy than me. LOL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Holiday Barbie, Is that the pattern with the tree in the center?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Back from my mums where we did lists for stocking stuffers and came up with some ideas for gifts. Started on a project for my kids for Christmas, and went and did a little bit of Christmas shopping. Not a bad day

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I worked on my advent calendar for my friend. I was so dang proud of myself..LOL