February 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I printed out a few new recipes for snacks, some sweet and some savory, that can be made in big batches and bagged up to be given as gifts. I am still on the hunt for a couple more though.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good job, Minta! I'm in major crafting mode right now, but soon enough I'm sure the winds will swing me back to recipes and the like! lol

I've completed one more felt ornament that will be a gift this year and have started on another. Hoping to get all of these types of gifts I am crafting done soon and turn my focus to some other types of gifts - cross your fingers for me - I am going to bring sewing machine down from craft room today and try to get DH's help with figuring out what it won't grab/feed the fabric through.

I'm hoping it is just something simple I did wrong!!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Good job, Minta! I'm in major crafting mode right now, but soon enough I'm sure the winds will swing me back to recipes and the like! lol

I've completed one more felt ornament that will be a gift this year and have started on another. Hoping to get all of these types of gifts I am crafting done soon and turn my focus to some other types of gifts - cross your fingers for me - I am going to bring sewing machine down from craft room today and try to get DH's help with figuring out what it won't grab/feed the fabric through.

I'm hoping it is just something simple I did wrong!!!

Hope he is able to figure out what is wrong with the sewing machine and its nothing major.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My planner is full of ideas and goals if what I wan to achieve for the first part of the year. Next things I need to tackle is Winter prep. Need to get the house in shape for the upcoming winter, wash all throws, blankets etc. Fill the freezer with easy go to meals. So March will be Winter Prep month for me as well as still focusing on Christmas prep.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My planner is full of ideas and goals if what I wan to achieve for the first part of the year. Next things I need to tackle is Winter prep. Need to get the house in shape for the upcoming winter, wash all throws, blankets etc. Fill the freezer with easy go to meals. So March will be Winter Prep month for me as well as still focusing on Christmas prep.

Funny how things are so opposite for us being in different parts of the world. March will be the start of spring cleaning for us and will finish up spring clean in April. Start using up a lot of what is in the freezer to make room for the summer fruits and veggies that will get frozen come summer and fall.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been continuing to plow ahead on various craft projects, completing several small ones meant as gift or decor for our home this year. I've got more lined up too!

I also have spent some time planning for our Christmas dinner party we have with friends. Last year we deep fried wings and dill pickle slices, had various other appetizers AND I made a main dish of pulled pork and others brought side dishes or other appetizers.

We had WAY too much food!

So this year I think we'll stick to appetizers! We'll do the wings again, and a small batch of pickles - want to reduce the deep frying so DH doesn't have to spend so much time outside!

Then we'll just do an assortment of other apps- many are tried and true but I'll throw in some new ones I've found that look great - and let people bring appetizers.

For dessert I think I'll put out extra cookies from dough I'll have in the freezer and then plan on making 1 or 2 types of fun dessert shots. Something along the line of pudding shots - not super strong - but fun! :)

And I'll probably repeat the Pomegranate Champagne punch I did last year but I'll have enough on hand for multiple batches this time. One batch was NOT enough! I just didn't think it would go over as well as it did!