February 2021 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Here we are! Our 2nd Rudolph Day of 2021! 10 months until we are all in the hustle and bustle of the holidays!
This month we will celebrate by enjoying:

Movie: Jingle Jangle- Netflix.
I wanted to watch this during the holidays but ran out of time! This is a Christmas Musical.
Quick synopsis: Decades after his trusted apprentice betrayed him, a once-joyful toymaker finds new hope when his kind and curious granddaughter comes into his life.

Book: Merry Ex-Mas, Christmas in Icicle Falls-by Sheila Roberts.
I read this book several years ago and truly enjoyed it. All about friendship and a second chance for love.

Magazine: Every year I buy the Better Homes and Gardens Christmas cookie magazine (see below for a pic of 2020's edition). I used to go to a cookie exchange every year and I hope that we can continue the tradition again. Pull out your favorite Christmas Cookie/Baking magazines and choose a couple of new recipes that you will test out and then make during the holidays.

Blog: This is a blog post that lists towns that celebrate Christmas all year long. Maybe when we can travel again, we can have an MHH meet up?
Five Christmas Towns That Celebrate The Holidays Year-Round (trulia.com)

YouTube: I have two:
Live Camera from the Santa Claus Village at the Artic Circle. I plan to check in on this throughout the year.
I wonder what it will look like in the summer months?
LIVE @ Santa Claus Village - Arctic Circle - Rovaniemi - Lapland Finland - YouTube

How to hand knit chunky blankets. These are all the rave and I would like to give one to each family unit for Christmas 2021. They don't look very hard to do!
DIY GIANT CHUNKY BLANKET! (easiest budget gift idea!) - YouTube

Pinterest: Every year I say I'm going to make the ladies of the family homemade bath salts but I haven't yet. Also would be great gifts for my girlfriends and female co-workers.
Will 2021 be the year? Here is a DIY for Rose petal bath salts:
(1374) Pinterestinterest

I wish you all a Very Merry February Rudolph Day!

Annie

Attachments

• Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies- 2020.jpg
    Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies- 2020.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 4

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I need to order the book from the library.

I got Jaymee some yarn when she got her house but she hasn't made the chunky blanket yet. I need to remind her about it.

Love cookie magazines.

Will check out the blogs.

Bath salts make very nice gifts and they are received well. I lost the recipe that I use to make.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I put the book on hold at the library - it should be available in about 4 weeks. Hope I can get it sooner. I think I watched Jingle Jangle at Christmastime - but it’s worth a repeat. Fun blog to check out. I would love to see the Santa Claus Village at the Arctic Circle. Rudolph Day looks fun! Thank you, Annie.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh, I am so excited to get moving....lots to do this month

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Put the Santa village cam in my favorites :)
Also shared the link for the blankets on my FB - love these. I do think @MrsSoup tried these out.

Thanks Annie!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Movie: Jingle Jangle- Netflix.
I wanted to watch this during the holidays but ran out of time! This is a Christmas Musical.
Quick synopsis: Decades after his trusted apprentice betrayed him, a once-joyful toymaker finds new hope when his kind and curious granddaughter comes into his life.
Okay Annie, I just text a friend and made a date to watch this movie at my house on Rudy Day. We had planned to over Christmas and never did. So it's a date pending any illness or life disasters...LOL I've also been wanting some chicken and dumplings and having a guest over is the perfect excuse to make some.
Book: Merry Ex-Mas, Christmas in Icicle Falls-by Sheila Roberts.
I read this book several years ago and truly enjoyed it. All about friendship and a second chance for love.
I'm going to go see if this is available by audio book right now.
How to hand knit chunky blankets. These are all the rave and I would like to give one to each family unit for Christmas 2021. They don't look very hard to do!
DIY GIANT CHUNKY BLANKET! (easiest budget gift idea!) - YouTube
I saved this because Ciara and I are planning on making chunky blankets when I go out there in the next month for the baby's birth. So it was perfect timing and saved me some searching. We're excited!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I tried a recipe called Valentines Fudge that I put on my blog today. Actually the sprinkles Teigan put in it was little red, green and white balls so could work for Christmas. It isn't bad but wouldn't want it all the time. So EASY too.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
So cool watching the Santa Claus Village. People were walking about taking pictures. Now I want to go. :)
Just checked on the Santa Claus village- It's -14 degrees and was getting snow plowed!!! So fun to check in on it!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am all set for my evening tomorrow.

I am making a Holiday themed meal- Ham Steak with mashed sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and a salad.

I will then snuggle in with a mug of hot chocolate to watch the movie.

Super Super Excited!

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Happy Rudolph Day!
I have become addicted to checking out the live cam from Santa's Village! Yesterday there was a man walking around taking pictures.

BillieJo- Rudolph Day is a day to do something to get you ready, organized, thinking about Christmas. So, we are planning and preparing the whole year through. It's also a way to celebrate the holiday by doing those Christmas activities that we usually save for that time of year.
That's why we pick a book and movie.

The original Organized Christmas site listed a task for each Rudolph Day.

I'm not sure what February's was. Does anyone remember?

Annie

Reactions: jampss and BillieJo