February 2024 Decluttering Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have just advertised some bar stools on a Facebook free site. Hopefully they are gone this weekend.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have people coming today to pick up the bar stools. I have a set of 2 and a set of 4 to go. I hope they turn up as promised.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One lot of bar stools gone. The set of 4 are still here. The person moved pick up from 11am to 5pm to tomorrow o_O

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bar stools finally gone......what's next to go?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Door knobs gone. Lady did not even try to talk down the cost. She got a good bargain. Cat bed gone with LC2, Bunch of old coins sold to the neighbor. He told Dh we could give them to the grandkids but they would just spend them so he offered us a good price. He will be taking some to Sweden in April. His cousin there loves anything American. Guy has a Mustang (the car) so silver dollars will be loved too. One box went to the thrift store and I have another started.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Full bag went to the thrift shop yesterday afternoon. Included a bunch of kitchen gadgets (why did I purchase a tool that quarters pickle cucumbers?), a couple of tops, and a stack of like-new bras that were too tight. Ready to start another bag, as I continue weeding.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Full bag went to the thrift shop yesterday afternoon. Included a bunch of kitchen gadgets (why did I purchase a tool that quarters pickle cucumbers?), a couple of tops, and a stack of like-new bras that were too tight. Ready to start another bag, as I continue weeding.
Maybe to make long sliced dill pickles when you were feeling really can-y? lol

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Maybe to make long sliced dill pickles when you were feeling really can-y? lol
That's why I bought it, but if I can't slice a pickle in half and then half again in the same amount of time ... And, it WAS on clearance.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We have been cleaning out the attached garage and store room. It was a brisk 32 today which made it a little difficult. Husband has some new equipment and needs a place to store it so he’s wanting to clean and rearrange. Not what I want to be doing but I have to take advantage of the mood, I’m sure some of you understand. So there is a giant pile of junk ready to go to the junk auction this spring. We still have some work to do in the store room. Should finish up Saturday at least it will be a little warmer.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DCleaning Lady took lots of kitchen stuff. Some will probably go to her son who has his own place. Whoopie!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Checking in on the board today from the hospital and wanted to chime in here the most. I mean I'm bummed for alot of reasons, but one of my big disappointment was having my house pretty cleared out for the floor install and now moving my focus from that to getting things finally put back and looking nice in the house. All that hard work and I want to see things start looking pretty again. I was also ready to move my efforts from inside my house to getting my holiday totes finally moved permanently from the family farm to the attic of our new garage. I'm sure some of it will get done with me pointing and telling my hubby what to do, but it won't be the same.
On a more serious note, when you get a cancer diagnosis for the 2nd time, it really does make you think about what you have and what you want easily accessible for your family in the event something does happen. Since alot of my stuff is in order now, I think I'm going to start some notes or labeling so my daughter knows what came from where. Especially with jewelry ya know. I want her to know what's the real stuff and what's important.
When I get home, one of the 1st things i'm purging is several bags of dollar tree crap I bought during 2020. I was watching all those crafting videos and made nothing. I have various bags of that stuff for each holiday just taking space and none of it is important enough for me to spend my time on. I think I'll just list it on marketplace in a bundle and make some crafter happy. It definitely was a coping mechanism and a way to get out during the pandemic.
Keep up the good work everyone!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Minnie, my prayers for you and your family.
Notes and labels are definitely a good thing! Right now there is a photo of 2 little girls from the 1920’s (I’m guessing), in my sun room. Husband thinks it’s his grandma and her sister. I hope someone in his family will know for sure.
We spent last year working on the “business” end of getting all of our affairs and final arrangements in order. We are supposed to be working on getting our house in order this year, which hasn’t happened yet. Thank you for the reminder about what is important. I hope you are able to tackle all that you want to get done in the coming months.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Minnie, my prayers for you and your family.
Notes and labels are definitely a good thing! Right now there is a photo of 2 little girls from the 1920’s (I’m guessing), in my sun room. Husband thinks it’s his grandma and her sister. I hope someone in his family will know for sure.
We spent last year working on the “business” end of getting all of our affairs and final arrangements in order. We are supposed to be working on getting our house in order this year, which hasn’t happened yet. Thank you for the reminder about what is important. I hope you are able to tackle all that you want to get done in the coming months.
I need to work on those "business" arrangements as well. It's something we've just never taken the time to do and it needs to be done.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@MinnieCo

Thinking of you. Saying prayers.

2021 12 21 Hug.PNG