February 2024 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Welcome to February Rudolph Day, 2024!

Movie: Christmas Vacation

Magazine: Have you seen the Bella Grace Magazine at Barnes & Noble?
They have 2 special editions: Book of Lists, Volume 1 & 2. These editions would offer some gift ideas or something special to do that is outside the box a little.
Bella Grace Book of Lists Volume 1 | Stampington & Company
Bella Grace Book of Lists Volume 2 | Stampington & Company

Podcasts: Are there any podcast listeners? I found some Christmas podcasts!
Here are a few titles:
* A Cozy Christmas Podcast
* Christmas Past- Talks about history and memories of Christmas
* Christmas Countdown
* Christmas Old Time Radio- Plays old Christmas Radio shows- for ex: Abbott and Costello Christmas show
* The Calm Christmas Podcast- For quiet, reflective themes of the holiday. For ex: One episode Title- "Relishing the Hush."

Recipe: Homemade truffles. Just a few of these in a beautiful little box or tin would be wonderful at Christmas or Valentine's Day! Valentines Day always makes me think of truffles or decadent candies.
Homemade Chocolate Truffles Recipe - Sally's Baking Addiction (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
Easy Chocolate Truffles | RecipeTin Eats

Craft or Gift: I always do some kind of bath/self-care thing. This year I picked foot scrubs.
Could make one of these and put in a basket with some cute Christmas socks and foot lotion, pedicure things (nail brush, pumice stone, file, etc).
10 Homemade Foot Scrub Recipes (treehugger.com)

Hope you enjoy this month's Rudolph Day!
Please post what you are doing that day and what PREP you are doing to prepare for Christmas, 2024!
10 months to go!

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Annie! 1st year I haven't watched Christmas vacation... woot! woot! will get to watch it now.
I've heard of the Bella Grace magazines, will try to find some around here.
Will go see the other ideas nearer Rudy day

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lucie- I watched when we were in the cabin for Thanksgiving.
It was on network TV with commercials so I wanted to watch it straight through.
It was the one movie I didn't watch during my Christmas movie week (1st week of January)- where I watch the same few movies every evening.
So.......... I thought I would pick it for this month's movie.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so excited to sit down and look through everything!!!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Thank you, Annie! I have not heard of Bella Grace or the magazines. Our library does not have them, nor does our Barnes and Noble. I found Volume 2 on Amazon, ordered a copy, and I look forward to relaxing with it and a cup of hot cocoa on Rudy Day. The truffles look do-able and yummy. I love the movie, and I bet my girls would love the foot scrub. Looking forward to Rudy Day!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Truffles!!! Yummmm.
I’ve never been into Christmas vacation but I’ll try to take another go at. Not sure why it’s doesn’t appeal to my sense of humor. Can’t wait to check out the pod casts. Would keep me occupied on the treadmill.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The truffles look amazing and so easy to do. I have added the recipe to my binder.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Happy Rudolph day everyone!!
Picking away at making Christmas gifts here today. Will listen to some Christmas music while I work. May do a little online Christmas shopping tonight if I can find some deals.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
Happy Rudolph day!
Thanks for the podcast recommendations @AnnieClaus, listening to one makes cleaning enjoyable. On Spotify they have Christmas Podding which is a year-round one about all things Christmas.

Reactions: AnnieClaus

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
Happy rudy day . I already watched Christmas vacation this week. I had to work today and going to a dinner tonite . I may watch another Christmas movie when I get home tonight if it’s not too late, but I will be checking out other stuff this week.. enjoy your day

Reactions: AnnieClaus

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Rudy Day to all!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia