February 6 hours of decluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yep, actually over 6 hours but I figure I might miss a day. Flylady's challenge for this month is to declutter 15 daily. I'm going to try this. I haven't really decluttered on a regular routine since moving. It's about time to start again.

I'm going to start in the closets. I tend to "forget" about them when I close the door. So I'll tackle a shelf or two today in the main bathroom. I'll just do 15 minutes each day, different place each day so I don't get "bored". Round Robin Decluttering!

Sunday--Main Bathroom
Monday--Kitchen Pantry
Tuesday--My Bedroom Closet
Wednesday--Linen Closet
Thursday--DD Bedroom Closet
Friday--Scrap Studio Closet
Saturday--Either my or dd closet (this needs extra time so I'll do two days a week)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great Challenge....I seem to always be decluttering...LOL

I have decluttered so far in Feburary....about 45 minutes.....l ceaned out the spice cabinet and rearranged it...threw out some out dated stuff and a couple misc. things that just happened to get stuffed in there...lol

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
This morning i've been working on my son's bedroom. We put up a new bed for him yesterday so everything got rearranged. He's just got too much stuff. I've been trying to declutter that all morning.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
OOOPS, I've been playing on the computer instead of decluttering. Everyone has done such a great job! Way to Go!

Ready, Set (my timer), go!

Update: Carried the painting supplies to the storage area to the "painting zone". I gathered up the old land phones, tossed out several miles of old telephone line. Put all cable connections into a bag, have all DishTV items grouped on the top shelf. Tossed a bunch of old telephones and cable do-dads, a few uhf TV antennae items that certainly don't even fit the new TVs and am pulling out of dh hands some old head set from over 30 years ago. He can't bear to part with it, "it's a really good one", "cost a lot of money".........I'm saying in the 20 years I've know him it's never been used. Yep, it's gone because he's now hid it in his dresser and I know where they are!

Don't worry, he has a new set of headphones, "really good ones that cost a lot of money", so he won't be without a headset not to use.

Funny items to be in a bathroom closet. I have several bags in the truck of my car for the thrift store tomorrow. Now half the shelves are empty. Looks really nice.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Decluttering is so important, and such an ongoing need. Having guests to the house is a great incentive. Little mini-programs - like this 6 hours in February - are great!!! Taking a trash ag, setting a timer, and picking an area gets us going!!!

Since I haven't had work this week I did some more clearance shopping so it is time to clean the bags out of my car and trunk....I hope it cools down here a little bit tomorrow so I can get it done without sweating...yes it is in the 80's here and I am in shorts right now!!!

We have baseball practice tonight (which would be the best cool off time to do this) so by the time we come home I only have enough time to get the kids showered, dressed, and teeth brushed for bed. Since one of the boys sleeps in my room I can't bring the items in without disturbing him so I will try in the morning after I drop them off at school!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I did my 15 in the kitchen panty and finished the whole thing before the timer went off. I couldn't believe it. It looks so nice.

Not so lucky with the bedroom closet. It's going to take longer to finish in there but it's started. It not so messy but I'm decluttering my clothes too. Just time consuming.

Linen Closet. I set my timer and was just working away like a crazy women when I realized I must have been there longer than 15 minutes. Yep, set the timer but forgot to press GO! I did two loads of sheets that needed to be refreshed. I found some brackets to a shade we've been wanting to put up since last year. They were right in the box of curtain hardware I set up last year (about the time the bracket went missing, lol). This box will need to be replace with a clear box so I can see what's inside without opening it so this doesn't happen again. Tossed out some empty boxes. It really is looking nice and I have space on the shelves now.