February Celebrate Me Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'll be scrapbooking on Sunday for my Celebrate Me Day! It's a great way to get away from the Super Bowl noise. Oh, I'll record the game but only so I can watch the commericals later. lol

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My Celebrate Me Day is the 14th, which is Valentine's Day, so I am going to celebrate this coming Monday. DH takes the kids to bowling which gives me almost 3 hours of "ME" time. I have a bunch of shows taped, so I may watch those and pick up something special for dinner from the deli!!

"heartstrings: Melanie

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Mine is on the 6th but since I have the 7th off to attend my ds11's IEP meeting which will be a celebration in its own because they are really not going to like me since they are doing nothing I told them too and they are going to be threatened with a lawyer this meeting. I also plan on buying myself that new sewing machine that I need and making something just for me.

emily_hope

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
My celebrate me day was the 8th. I had my nails done. I've been wanting to get a set of nails done for quite some time. I can't even remember the last time I had them done. I've had manicures, but not the nails. My nails never grow very long. I'm a cosmetologist and they are in water all the time. So they are very soft and break easily. It seems like my hands always look bad. They stay dry and crack sometimes during the winter months, even though I lotion them every day. I took my DDs with me and they had theirs done, also. My DH had given all three of us gift certificates to our favorite nail salon. I'm sure he thought we would use them for pedicures come spring, but we splurged already! My DDs wanted to know about 'celebrate me' days. I explained it to them and my DD17 asked if she could celebrate herself on the 29th of each month and I said sure. And she will even be lucky enough to be able to do it in February since this is a leap year. My DD18 can celebrate on the 16th! This is so much fun. Why didn't someone think of it sooner!!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
emily_hope, my hands are in terrible shape as well. Try using a heavy lotion or even vaseline at night with cotton gloves. Those cracks are painful-especially if you are getting hairsprays and setting lotions in them!
My Celebrate Me Day is also on the 14th! We are going to Halifax for an appt. and plan to make a bit of a day of it. Maybe I will pick up a few things for a celebrate me tote as Ididn't get to it last week. chick3

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
My "celebrate me" day is this coming Wed the 13th.
Yesterday I was away from the house from 9am till after 8pm. Im having bunion surgery in May, "early retiring" mid July. So its time to meet new ppl, get new interests.
I started my day at a scrapbooking meet. Then had a few mins to browse through a craft store. Met ppl to see The Bucket List and then out for dinner.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Today is my CM day!! And we have a SNOW DAY!! I had planned on going to the Y and getting a good workout in this morning and then doing a little "fun" shopping, but that will have to wait now because of the snow and I don't want to drag the kids with me. Since the kids are home today too, I'm going to spend the day with them. We will organize their rooms - that's fun for me!! - go sledding and bake some cookies.
:bigsnow:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
It looks like i'll be traveling to see my dad on my day, which is Sunday. However, I plan on doing some light shopping at Old Navy and Barnes & Noble while in the city. I live in a very small town with nothing but a Walmart. LOL So when I do travel to see my dad I always try to take advantage of the stores they have.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Tomorrow (26th) is my day. Unfortunately I'll be working both fulltime and parttime jobs so I won't be doing much. I've put in for an extended lunch break (1hr) and I'm going to go to the salon around the corner from work and get my eyebrows arched. Then I'll go across the street to the mall and look for a pair of shoes or a nice spring outfit.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
There is a school of therapeutic massage in town. I have scheduled a massage. I have had them before -- beautiful small massage rooms with 100% cotton sheets, lovely soft music, essential oil wafting in the air of lavender and orange. The students try VERY VERY hard to give you a great massage, partly because you do a written evaluation of their work afterwards. Also, their instructors look in through small windows in the doors, to check their work. It is a wonderful $35 treat! bun1

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Emily_hope: I have the same problem with dry skin. I know I don't drink enough water :slap:

I slather my hands up with vaseline and wrap them in cling wrap while I'm soaking in the jacuzzi. It's amazing what a difference it makes! If I'm not getting in the jacuzzi, I do the same thing, except I'll wrap them in a heating pad while I watch a show on TV with DH. Both of these work for me.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I spent my day, the 23rd, crafting. When I finished, I soaked in the jacuzzi for a LONG time (I could do this because DH wasn't home). I read in my current book "Honeymoon" by James Patterson and Howard Roughan. I fixed MY favorite meal for a change. I visited with some friends. I bought myself a new pair of yoga pants and a work out shirt.