February Magical Moment #1 Love Life

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
February Magical Moment # 1 Love Life

There are many times in our lives that we just don't feel much like celebrating. Rough patches exist for all of us. There is no escaping the realities of life. But as so often happens, life is a paradox. The times that we feel the least like celebrating are the times when we should seek out and treasure life's small comforts.

When we chose to "love life" it can ease the burdens. It can lift spirits and it can change the direction of our lives. Look for joy, seek inner peace, and indulge yourself in life's little pleasures. We so often find what we seek..... so seek comfort, joy, and positive outcomes.

Indulge in that peppermint tea you've been wanting to try. Spray some lavendar in the bedroom. Light candles at dinner for no reason other than enjoying their beauty. Find peace in knowing that life's joy is present in small things, as well as, large.

What are some ways that you "love life"?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I love to watch the snow fall. I can sit for an hour by the window watching the snow just falling. There's something so magical and special and beautiful about it.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I love that my family is so close. I love that I can call one of my brothers or vise versa and we can talk for hours about nothing at all. I see all the time families that don't communicate at all including my dh's and I love that I don't have a family like that.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I love hearing my children talking together and making each other laugh. At ages 13 & 11 it doesn't happen very often. ;-) But when it does, it really puts a smile on my face!!

"heartstrings: Melanie

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Children have a way of making everything exciting. I love to do things with my DS11 and see the world through his eyes. Going to the zoo or a museum, doing simple science experiments in the kitchen, or just going for a walk with my son shows me how much of the world around me I miss out on when I am on auto-pilot. He reminds me to look for the little things that make life special. :cloudnine:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I try to be a blessing. Sometimes it's tiring. I don't do big things. I don't volunteer or anything I just try to bless my family with the small things. Letting them know how I care.
I also love watching the snow fall, the rain, lightning, campfires and most of all the ocean.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
For me, I think my monthly family breakfasts are one big way I express my love of life. I started this last July, after my dad passed away in April, as a way to keep both sides of the family connected. We have a crowd every month and it's a lot of fun.

I also love sitting in the living room in the afternoon with my husband, drinking our afternoon coffee. We have been doing this since we first married, and if something happens that we don't have this time, I think we both miss it. I know that I do.

I also love setting the table with pretty linens, my white dishes and a centerpiece for everyday meals. Sometimes the centerpiece is just a candle or a jar of herbs from the garden, but it still makes the meal special.

I find myself more and more being a "putterer", if that's even a real word! I like to putter in the kitchen, especially. Just today I found myself putting some left over spiced tea mix from Christmas gifting in a pretty jar, then tying a black and white checked ribbon around the neck, just to sit on the counter. I love the way it looks on my counter by the hot chocolate mix and coffee canister. I used to would have never done things like that, but as i get older, I'm finding comfort and joy in the little things.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I love hearing my children get along - it actually happens pretty often! Just sitting in the kitchen with DH and listening to them play in the family room or basement, laughing and talking, brings the biggest smile to my face.

I love that I have a wonderful, supportive husband that still makes my heart skip a beat when he walks in the house after work. (Of course, that might just be a beat of relief that the kids will bug him for a while LOL!)

I love unexpected warm, breezy spring days and Indian summer fall days. I love sitting around a campfire in the summer and a kitchen table the rest of the year with our closet friends talking and laughing until the early hours. I love that those same close friends (3 of my cousins) have children the same ages as mine and they are all best friends also.

I love my life!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I love to sit in front of the fireplace, snuggled in a blanket and read for hours!

I love to sit on the porch with my DH in the summer and watch the lightning bugs light up the valley! I love to see the look in my DH's eyes when I've been gone and return home.

I love time with my Mom and siblings!

I love to watch our cats play.

I love to read my attitude of gratitude book on New Years Eve and remember all the simple things in life I'm grateful for! I love doing unexpected things for others, especially if I can manage to do it anonymously!

I love the energy and excitement that my boys have for EVERYTHING!!! To see their faces light up with baseball, friends, and school (especially homework...they love it..hehe).

I love sitting back and relaxing with a hot cup of tea and a blanket.