February Magical Moment # 6 Cupid's Surprise

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
February Magical Moment #6 Cupid's Surprise

Oh we know all about "falling in love". Or do we?

Cupid's Surprise for me...."becoming a mother". Oh yes, it's a different sort of love....well sort of...but it is so powerful. The wash of warmth and emotion experienced when looking into the eyes of a newborn is almost impossible to describe.
The awe of a new life. I am almost certain there is nothing stronger than a mother's love. So Cupid's surprise was realizing that I thought I knew "all about" falling in love but with the birth of my first child that whole concept was turned upside down.

Did Cupid have any surprises for you??

When you fall in love with your mate it is always a love in each moment that it "lasts" whether forever or a few days but when you give birth or adopt a child it is permanent love that you know for sure will never change except in growth. You know that nothing can get in between you and your love for your child. God graced me with three of these most fulfilling love blessings and I wouldn't want anything else.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I knew I would fall in love with the man I would marry and I knew I would fall in love with our children.

What I didn't know was how I would fall in love with the father of my children. After our oldest child was born, I learned things about my DH and saw a side of him I'd never seen before. It's different than how he is with other kids like our nephews. I fell in love with him on a different scale or another level if that makes any sense. I don't think I'd ever have known this side of him if we hadn't had children of our own together. It's wonderful! :love:

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I'm always surprised when I find myself falling in love with my husband again...and again....and again...!!

Unable to concieve, I don't know the love of a birth child, but I certainly managed to fall in love with my ex's children, who continue to be my children today. The love of a parent to a child is certainly a special love - even if you didn't give birth to them. They become a part of you - and they always hold your heart! :pink:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes kids do have that uncanny ability to hit you right smack in the HEART....just as sure as Cupid's arrow!!1

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
Having my two girls was the greatest thing that could ever happen to me, They were my main reason to keep fighting when I found out I had Leukemia & they told me I was going to die. Seeing those bright smiles as I layed in that hospital bed, there love kept me going. I love them so much I couldn't give up the fight of my life. I felt my love for them grow & grow every moment they sat with me holding my hand . As they would say" Love you mammaduke, please don't leave us".

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I have to agree with you, Ginger, and all the others that we fall in love many times and in many ways. I agree too that the most powerful love is that to a child. Ginger, you hit it right on the head...looking into those eyes...you get lost. I fell in love with my second husband and thought I knew how much, but watching him become a father to my four sons (never having any of his own) taught me that it was just the tip of the iceberg. I never knew how much love could be shared just watching someone fall in love with your children. Our daughter came along and once again I was pleasantly surprised...watching the love form between Father and Daughter...thus increasing my own for him.

Nothing however quite prepared me for the time when I saw my child with his child. What a wonderous love that is. I could never have been any prouder, watching my sons become wonderful Fathers and knowing that my loving husband showed them the way, that is why I love him. Cupid has been good to me... "heartstrings:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
foxpaw said:
I fell in love with my second husband and thought I knew how much, but watching him become a father to my four sons (never having any of his own) taught me that it was just the tip of the iceberg. I never knew how much love could be shared just watching someone fall in love with your children.

Nothing however quite prepared me for the time when I saw my child with his child. What a wonderous love that is. I could never have been any prouder, watching my sons become wonderful Fathers and knowing that my loving husband showed them the way, that is why I love him. Cupid has been good to me... "heartstrings:

This post effected me in so many ways. Combining two families has been very hard for us. I know that other people do it, and succeed, and wonder about us........
So many mistakes were made on both sides. I've always felt it was "us" vs "them".
WTG to your hubby for being such a wonderful step-parent!!! He deserves a big hug!!!