February Magical Moment #8 Focus on Friendship

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
February Magical Moment # 8 Focus on Friendship

February's a good month to think about friendship. For some of us the coldest, bleakest part of winter but with the spark of hope for spring yet to come. Friendships can be like winter, just waiting patiently for a burst of light and a bright spray of color. Sometimes they are just there, waiting, to be nurtured. then they can burst forth like the first flowers of spring. Look around....are you cultivating the friendships you have or are they shivering in the cold? Are there new friendships waiting to be sown? Let's make the rest of February FRIENDSHIP month and focus on the friends we have and maybe add a few new ones before the end of the month.

oooh I like those analogies Ginger. My NY friendships have definitely been shivering in the cold :sad: It is so hard to have the same level of friendships when we are sooo far away. I have recently developed some new friendships here in FL which is helping me with some adult interaction and the friendships formed on this site and chatting with others from MMC have been a "colorful" rainbow of love!!!

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
Great area to work on. This time of year we can become hermit crabs and lose touch with our social lives. You have to work at friendships to keep them strong. I think I will call my best friend and set up a lunch date tonight! :flower:

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
I know it's been really hard for me , my oldest & dearest friend lives 8oo miles away. Yet I feel really great with all the new friendships I have made with everyone here. Talking to all of you in the chat room has been fantastic, so it helps while I am missing her I have new friendships that are developing with all of you.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
What an inspirational post! I have really been convicted to make an effort to keep some friendships healthy...most recently my best friend and her family changed churches, so we don't automatically see them three times each week like we used to. Now we have to make an effort to see them. They live in the next city over, but she works here in our town, so lunch is usually what we end up doing. Every now and then, though the guys have to get together, too! I'm trying to have them over at least once a month...if they don't make it to the family breakfast, then I'm trying to make an effort to have them over for dinner. Thanks for reminding us how important "making the effort"is!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I learned one of my new favorite sayings for this year at a brownie scouts meeting:

Make new friends but keep he old.