February Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Can you believe January is almost over?? I saw that many of you worked on your notebooks during the month of January which was a suggested focus area. Don't forget, there are still a few more January days to enjoy Annie's movie pick of the month: "Christmas Vacation!"

In February the suggested focus area is "Crafty Kits." You can set up some craft kits or make notes of crafts you want to try out on Rudolph Day or throughout the year. If you have not done so already, you may want to set up a Rudolph Day basket, bag, tote, etc so you have everything in one place when you decide to have a Rudolph day.

The February theme will run from the first of February through the last day of February. Our movie of the month will be posted on Rudolph Day by Christmaslyr.

I already have a Rudolph kit so I'm going to continue to work on my notebook as well as finalize the craft I'm going to do for our Christmas in July swap. I may go ahead and purchase my supplies for my swap craft too.

What would you like to do in February in celebration of Rudolph Day? By the way, February Rudy Day is on a Saturday.

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I've already been looking for what I want to do for the CIJ swap. Last year I couldn't find the supplies I needed so I really need to get to Monroe for that or order it online. I did cross stitch last year, but don't want to do it again this year.

I never got to my notebook Saturday. Oh, how I want a day off to just play on my Christmas stuff.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I already know Rudy Day is going to be busy in February - on non-Rudy things!! Ick!! DH is due home that day after almost 3 weeks away, and it is the assessment day for DD in swimming lessons (she should be moving up a grade).

My plan for February though, includes a whole Rudy Week!! As while DH is away, DD is going to her Granny's house for mid-term so I have a whole week to myself at home (well, apart from the need to go out to work - and plans to meet 2 friends for dinner one evening, and go to the theatre on one other evening). But I intend to get a lot of crafting done that week while I have no one to be bothered by the sewing machine!!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Rudy day in February is always the day after my birthday--so I will really celebrate! Looking forward to relaxing and watching whatever the movie is, and while I am not free right now to craft much, I would like to explore some easy crafting to do with my DD and DGD...oh, and since it is the day after my birthday--there will be cake!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I don't have my tote worked on yet, but this weekend I plan to get to it.
Lovin' Rudy Day!!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Back in 2010 a group of friends and I went to the Poconos. We had so much fun. To my surprise one friend was secretly video taping us while we were playing this crazy card game. I am going to surprise them this year by making copies on dvd for everyone.

For the last three years I have been making photo calendars for my mom. She has come to expect one every year. So I will be working on a 2013 calendar for her. My mom showed two aunts the calendar I made for her last year and now they want one. So that will be three calendars.

Oh just remembered I also made photo calendars for four of my closest friends. I've known two of them nearly my entire life. It was just a last minute thought that came to me as I was finishing up my mom's calendar. I was surprised at how much it affected them. They truly loved them. They actually cried. lol If they ask I may be making more for them this year too.

Other than that I doubt if I will be doing many crafts.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I didn't get to have January Rudy Day, and I don't have any crafty things to do for Christmas, so I will continue to work on my notebook in February. I have organized my stash of scrapbook supplies for Christmas cards and want to make a few also. This month is going to be very busy for us so I think I will make Feb 25th a reward for me!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I didn't get to have January Rudy Day, and I don't have any crafty things to do for Christmas, so I will continue to work on my notebook in February. I have organized my stash of scrapbook supplies for Christmas cards and want to make a few also. This month is going to be very busy for us so I think I will make Feb 25th a reward for me!

Nancy - making Christmas cards is VERY crafty!!! have fun!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just got my Christmas notebook out and here is my list for February:
- Watch movie of the month (yet to be announced)
- Prep some crafty kits
- Find or look up ideas of what I'd like to include in Christmas cards this year
- Start a stocking stuffer list
- Continue looking at crafts for 2012
- Find a book for Christmas journaling and maybe start journaling?

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm very excited for Rudy Day this Saturday! I'm still updating my Christmas card list and I have several Christmas magazines I want to go through and tear out inspiration things and recycle the rest.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm very excited for Rudy Day this Saturday! I'm still updating my Christmas card list and I have several Christmas magazines I want to go through and tear out inspiration things and recycle the rest.

Kim - I need to finish my "tear files" as well...I need to whittle down the stack of holiday magazines still beside my chair!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I hope everyone is having a great Rudy day!!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks Kim. While house cleaning I played my Christmas CDs. When that was done, I freshened up and put on my reindeer night shirt have been watching Christmas movies. I'm watching Elf now. Then I think I am going to bed. I have been up since 7 (been awake since 4).

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i watched home alone. went thur some magazines and got some recipes to put in my notebook

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Hi, Aggy, Christmas lover, Luludou,

It's Sunday the 26th, and I'm celebrating it today instead of yesterday, just had too much to do. I'm in my Hobby Room(Office) that's what I call it anyway. I have my small Christmas tree lit, as I didn't get to light it during christmas season ona table right next to my desk and have little miniature decorations on the silver christmas skirt. I have the radio playing with rock & roll on it. I just went thru some Christmas papers to sort out, like the Christmas basket with the addresses for the cards. Wish I could have Christmas music playing, but oh well. I also had a lot of Christmas stuff packed away but not put away, in my Christmas Closet. So I feel good about that. Will sort out the papers while watching the Oscars tonight, Happy Rudy day People.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmas Paper.... you are having a delicious and delightful..... February... Rudy Day Weekend! I am so happy that you shared it with us! In February..... I think that.... rock and roll music..... IS.... the equivalent of Christmas music!!!!!!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Over the weekend we had some Christmas movies playing on TV - Home Alone and Jingle all the Way. I watched Home Alone but the whole family watched Jingle all The Way. My DH loves that movie. Oh and I also bought a Christmas Gift.

MaryE

Retire Member
Feb 14, 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Hi Kim, I see we are neighbors...I'm near Richmond VA! I did get some things done in February towards my Rudy Day goals. The one I'm most excited about is, that I ordered 4 beautiful salad plates as gifts for my DIL. It is the same pattern as her good china, but they are "Christmas plates" because they have a red/gold ornament on the center of the plate. They should be arriving here soon, I'll put them in my Christmas gift closet. I also updated my Christmas notebook and finished printing and putting photos in my Christmas book. I am tracking about 10 Christmas' in this memory book by Susan Branch. I also pieced a snowman quilt for a DIL who is a snowman lover. AND I ordered a wonderful CD from Paper Wishes that teaches you how to make Christmas cards. Can't wait to play with it! Hope you have a fun month and I'm looking forward to March Rudy Day!