Fifteen Year Old Boys..

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
...gotta love 'em! I have one that lives at my house and when I went to pick him up at school today he was out front with some friends and his camera. He's on the yearbook staff so he carries it all the time, but I'm thinking...surely that's not year book pictures...the books will be out in a couple of weeks...so when he got into the car I asked him what he was doing and he said "making a video". Me: "A video of what? The school?" Him: "no, of me". Me: "ok. Why?" Him: "For my documentary". The conversation continued like that for a while, until I finally asked him if he was making it for a class. He said "No, it's just a Me Documentary. There's a lot in my life right now that I might want to remember, so I'm documenting it". How cool is that? If a 15 year old boy realizes how important it is to document our lives, surely I can figure it out as well!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Way Cool!!!

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
How great that he is doing this! I wish I had done something similar! My mum and dad took plenty of photos of me as a baby, but hardly any of me growing up. I got my own camera at 16, and have made up for it since, but there are lots of things from my childhood that I can't remember. So when my girls were born I started memory books for them, so that they have a record of their lives. I incorporate everything into it, hand prints, footprints, my favourite photo's, their friends, when they did things first like walking and talking, when their teeth fell out, holidays, christmas's, hobbies, clubs they have joined, special achievements all sorts of things. I try to update them every month and value them with my life. If my house was on fire and everyone was out safely, they are they only things I would attempt to save. The only problem is that DD8 will be 9 in August and I will need to start a new book, taking us up to 3 for her, and 1 for DD3. They are 12" x 12", each containing around 80 scrapbook pages! They weigh a ton!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
That is wonderful. Every now and then when I'm at my mom's I like to go through the family albums and look at the pictures of when I was younger. I love looking in the album because I get to see my relatives who are no longer here and I always know the event when the picture was taken which always makes me smile.

I've being taking pictures for as long as I can remember. My mom gave my brother and I cameras when were about 8 and 9 years old. I have several albums completed but still have a whole drawer full of photos that need to be put into albums.

Funny this topic popped up (thanks) because a couple of weekends ago my mom and I were talking about pictures. She bought her digital camera the same year I bought mine (2006) but just used it for the first time this year. LOL. Anyway she want's to add all of her photos on CD's/DVD's as backups which I thought was a great idea. It's going to take quite some time but I think that it will be a great project to work on especially during the colder months.

what's more wonderful about having that is you just never know what can happen these days. You never know if a storm, a disease, a car accident, or anything else strikes. If he has kids they can see how their dad was when he was their age also. I think it is wonderful. I still have an old camcorder but hope to get a digital one day soon. I would love to be able to record my boys play baseball amongst other things......

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
What a great idea! You've got a pretty bright young man.