Fireplace and Holiday Music

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Last Christmas Walmart was selling a DVD that just had a crackling fire and played Christmas music. I was kind of wanting it, but didn't buy it. I found a pretty good substitute online.

Actually there are two links. I like the fire better in the first one. But, you have to open a second tab and bring up an online Christmas radio station since it just has the popping fire. Make sure you open up the youtube video to the full screen option for the best effect. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLmwmX-mni8&feature=related

The second link has the holiday music and a nice Christmas scene, but the fire isn't quite as nice IMO. I will probably be watching a little of both while working on crafts, wrapping presents and maybe even on Christmas morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqbrgA-Z99E&feature=fvsr

Hope you enjoy! :)

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I got the CD/DVD set you are talking about a couple years ago. I wasn't too impressed with the music CD but the fire DVD was okay.

Reactions: 1 person

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I wanted to buy one too but dh will be installing a fireplace this fall so we'll have a great fire. just need to plug in some Christmas music :)
Thanks for the links

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
depending upon your cable or satellite provider, you may already have it this Christmas season :)

Bell, our provider, has a channel that shows the fireplace loop and plays Chrismtas music :)

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Thanks, Mrs Soup, maybe it's good that I didn't get it if the music isn't great anyway.

Lucie, that is awesome; but I don't think I'll get that lucky this year. There is a freestanding gas fireplace and mantle at Big Lots for $400ish. Not gonna happen this year, for sure. I couldn't even get hubby to go and look at it. ;)

We do have the channel that has Christmas music on it, HouseElf. But, it is a black screen with just the title and musician on it.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Growing up in the 70's (dating myself, I know) we had a local station that played the yule log all Christmas Eve night and Christmas day. It was cheesy at the time, but faithfully every year my dad would put it on and we would have our christmas eve party. Now, even though one of my sisters has a real fire place she puts on the yule log on Christmas eve. Traditions now matter how corny are comforting and enjoyable.

~ Farmerswife

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
This is cool. Thank you for sharing it with us. I have a real fireplace but I did buy one of the dvd's that has the snowy village with some nice tunes that I play on my widescreen which hangs just above the fireplace. Understand, we rarely get snow so this is nice to watch in the background during our holiday get togethers. We often cannot even use the fireplace because it's too hot.