First Communion

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
My son's first communion will be in March and I don't know exactly what to give him or give to his friends who will be celebrating. (We aren't catholic, we're protestant so no rosaries) HELP!!!!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
How about starting the Chronicles of Narnia collection for them? A neighbor gave DS11 the 1st two books The Magicians Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for his 1st Communion gift. Between them and us he now has the whole series. He was able to read it on his own in 2nd grade, some may not be able to, and as he read, we talked a lot about the religious aspects of the books.

A Bible is a good choice (there are Catholic ones and Protestant ones though). That was always my parents gift to the grandkids. There is a wonderful picture book called The Weight of the Mass by Nobisso that my daughter received. An age appropriate saint book is also a good choice. (Do you see a book theme here?)

If there is a Catholic store near you, they would have lots of things specifically for !st Communion and general gift ideas too.

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Our Godson had his first communion last year. We are Catholic, so he received a lot of religious gifts. We did not want to add another rosary to the stack of gifts, so we got him a religious sticker book.

Another gift we did - my husband went to his school, which is attached to the church. He took photos of the school, church and church sign a few days before the ceremony. The day of the service, we took photos of our Godson with the priest and with some of the other children in the communion class. We put it all in a photo album for him to remember his big day.